Just spent another wonderful vacation on Bermuda at The Fairmont. It is a fantastic hotel with much to offer! Our room was large with a very comfortable bed, sitting area, and beautiful balcony overlooking the bay/Waterlot area. We prefer that view to the ocean one because you get to see the pretty houses. After a small issue with our view not being the one we had requested, Russell arranged for us to get the view and treated us very nicely. We were on the Gold floor which we highly recommend. The food and service is terrific. If you are able to get a table outside, it is just like eating on your own balcony. Every night we looked forward to the after-dinner macaroons and cookies. Except for certain times in the morning, the lounge was not too busy and was a relaxing spot. Taking the trolley to the beach is not a problem at all. In fact, we visited Elbow Beach and The Reefs Hotels and depending where your room is, you need to do a lot of walking or take a van at those places. Here the trolley runs very frequently to the beach and the dock/Waterlot.
The restaurants are fabulous. The Waterlot is still a premiere restaurant and the ceasar salad is quite a treat to have it made fresh at tableside. Vincent, our waiter, made our dessert even more special by having "Happy Anniversary" written on a piece of chocolate. The Ocean House offers great seafood, service and beautiful views. My husband enjoyed the fish chowded at both places. The pool and beach restaurants offered good food and quick service. I made all of our dinner reservations ahead of time, but it seemed not to be a problem the week we were there to make new ones.
We enjoy many of the beaches on the South Shore, but when we did go to the hotel beach in the mid afternoon, we had no problem getting seats. The same for the pool. We discovered the hot tub this trip; it's set off by itself to the left of the pool (facing the ocean). It is a busy hotel, but that does not take away from a couples romantic experience.
Regarding Bermuda: We rode a moped all around the island. It is a great way to see the island, but you need to be confident about your riding ability. The Gibbs Hill Lighthouse offers great views of the island and the gift shop is reasonable and great for souvenirs. We rented a boat from H20 watersports and really enjoyed seeing the little islands and swimming off the boat. We rode to the Dockyard and then had a picnic lunch packed by the hotel. It would have been less expensive to buy food at the Dockyard instead. We had dinner at Coconuts (The Reefs) - great pasta and Seabreeze (Elbow Beach) - great tapas. It's not problem getting cabs at the Fairmont.
Bermuda is a beautiful island that is wonderful to explore. We are always torn between exploring and relaxing at this beautiful resort. Will be back as soon as we can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont