My wife and I came to the Fairmont through my company's corporate incentive award plan. The company received a group rate which got us into standard rooms, I asked for an upgrade and was willing to pay a modest supplement to get a room high up with a harbor view. The room was great. The view from the balconey was well worth the extra cost. We had a meal plan and tried all the open restaurants. One was closed. All the restaurants were good. But our first visit to the Waterlot restaurant was only okay. I would recommend ignoring the waiter's suggestions. I think they must have been told to push slow sellers. Some of the dishes were great, but the suggested ones were disappointing. On our second visit we knew what to order, and we all had excellent meals. Hint: Stick to the New York Strip, avoid the ribeyes. We saw Barbara Walters there the second night. The best restaurant we tried was the one at the beach.
The staff was terrific. Friendly, very friendly! Helpful too. The trolleys to the beach or the Waterlot were always there whenever we needed them. Never a long wait at all. Pool area was very nice. Super service for drinks there too. Loved the Dark 'n Stormys.
One problem was a mixup on our room charges. Some of the meals on the meal plan ended up on our room charge. I thought it was resolved before we left, but found it added to my credit card bill when I received my statement. It took many calls to the person in charge without resolution. Finally I called the general manager and the billing did get resolved. Too bad, but I will forgive this problem, and if I go back to Bermuda, I wouldn't let it stop me from returning to the Fairmont Southampton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont