My boyfriend and I decided on a last minute vacation (three days prior to departure) to Bermuda last August (it was super hot, but the weather was perfect!), and with our trip being so spur of the moment we soon realized that not many hotel/rental options were available. Luckily, I received my monthly 'Great Rates, Great Dates' email, and sure enough the Fairmont Southampton was on there, so we quickly booked the rate and we weren't disappointed one bit! We had an amazing time from arrival to departure... The resort was gorgeous and offered everything we could have needed/wanted. The room was comfortable, and had plenty of space for the two of us... the walk-in closet as well as the separate vanity space was a nice touch and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We took a taxi to the nearby grocery store when we arrived and picked up a a few essentials... snacks, drinks, etc... So that we didn't find ourselves starved and digging in to the minibar! As far as meals, we ate on site a few times... Dining at Ocean Club, Newport Gastropub, Windows on the Sound and Wickets during our stay... And honestly, everything we ate was delicious and the service was always outstanding. We also ventured out to Henry VIII's & Mickey's for dinners, and both were wonderful and also had entertainment to enjoy after your meal! My only complaint was that the hotel's beach was always very crowded, but the easiest way to solve that was to just go down the beach and explore some of the more quieter coves... Problem solved! We also rented a scooter from the resort one day [which I highly recommend], and drove to the dockyard for the afternoon and then went to Hamilton the next morning... It was nice to not be reliant on the ferry's schedule and/or having to spend the cash on taxis. We also enjoyed morning strolls around the resort, and along the nearby beaches. All in all, one of our most memorable vacations.
PS - Be sure not to miss Horseshoe Bay (right next to the hotel's beach), as well as the view from Gibb's lighthouse (within walking distance to the hotel).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont