We stayed at this resort in early November. It is the largest resort on the island and is kept up really well. We weren't really happy with our first room as it was next to the elevators but were moved to a much nicer room. We stayed in room 532, one of the few rooms I can tell which have two windows so this was very nice. It was very clean and well kept. The weather was nice enough that we slept with the patio doors open. It has a very nice view of the ocean. We had breakfast each morning here but nothing to write home about. Wish they had freshly made juice instead of bottled.
The only negatives about the stay was that the light that illuminates the hotel from outside is kept on all night. This blares into the room even if the curtain is open a few inches. It is so bright it makes stay gazing here in the middle of the Atlantic almost impossible. How about turning it off around 11pm or midnight as there is no one to really view the hotel at that time. Second negative is that the restaurants were too air conditioned. I needed to either wear a sweater or a jacket to keep warm, plus the food got cold quite fast because of this. Lastly of note is that this is a quieter time of year so a number of the resorts restaurants were closed for the season.
If I had to return to Bermuda which I probably won't as there are so many other places to see in the world I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont