We just finished a 3 night stay at The Fairmont Southampton (Fri 11/9 through Mon 11/12) and I wanted to write a review about the great experience that we had. We have traveled extensively and have stayed at many wonderful places (including Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts) but this was above and beyond anything we have experienced. We are a family of four from the Boston area and we came to Bermuda this past weekend to celebrate my husband’s 50th birthday.
The indoor and outdoor pools were very pleasant. The towel desk personnel were nice enough to set up large towels over your pool chairs and provide drying towels as well. The temperature of the water was good and overall very relaxing. We used the 3 hot tubs extensively. They were all kept at a nice hot temperature and never crowded. The hotel beach was beautiful, pink sand and blue water.
One day we packed a lunch, took a backpack and jogged the rail trail to Church Bay beach for snorkeling. Lots of fish to see and had a great day. We walked back by the lighthouse and took pictures of the amazing views.
We also took advantage of the ferry to Hamilton and spent a day walking through town, shopping and eating. A cab ride to the Crystal Caves was well worth it. I have never seen anything like it; an awesome natural wonder. We took a cab back to Hamilton and the ferry back to Southampton.
It was a very short visit but we made the most of it. We slept great on the amazingly comfortable beds and relaxed.
The food at the hotel was delicious. We paid extra to stay on the gold floor and it was well worth it. We were treated like royalty and the entire staff (morning, evening, weekend) couldn't have been nicer. Our teenage kids cannot stop talking about how nice people were to them.
The staff was top notch. From the bellman, to the concierge, to the towel help, to the trolley drivers, to the restaurant staff and more, every person we interacted with was helpful, nice and truly made us feel welcome.
In particular, Maurico at the concierge desk and Kim on the Gold Floor were exceptional standouts.
Our trip was very memorable and I cannot say enough great things about this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont