I decided to take my wife to Bermuda for our anniversary. We only went for 3 days, and 2 nights, in the end of September (Perfect weather, 80 degrees and sunny). It was hard to make decisions on where to go and where to stay based on all the reviews we read. If you have never been to Bermuda, there is one specific thing you should know. It is expensive! Food, taxis, hotels, drinks, shopping, all expensive. We didn't realize till after we got back that MOST bad reviews were people complaining about money. I booked the Fairmont Southampton, with a regular room. A couple weeks later I upgraded to a beach view, and then a couple of weeks later I upgraded to the top floor beach view. The top floor has all its own amenities, it's considered "gold member" or "gold status". It was only a small increase in price and is DEFINITELY worth it. Top floor has a private concierge for check in, free tea and coffee, snacks, breakfast, fruit, drinks, and even lunch if you just want a small sandwich. It pays for itself, and was extremely convenient to have by our room. There was a lounge, and outside patio, and it included free WiFi. There was a nice outdoor pool that we used, and an indoor pool that is only available to the spa during the day, then to guest later in the day.... I want to say around 6 PM. There were about 4 restaurants attached to the hotel, but we decided to go out and eat elsewhere in our short stay to see as much of the island as possible. The Waterlot Inn is a very highly rated restaurant attached to the hotel for fine dining. The hotel has a private beach that shuttles run to and from continuously, about a 2 minute ride each way. The beach was great, stocked with towels, chairs, and umbrellas. There was a restaurant there to get lunch and drinks, as well as staff on the beach to order drinks from. There is a gate on the edge of the property to walk through, and down a sandy path to Horseshoe Bay Beach, Go There!!! 2 minute walk, with the most incredible beaches and coves we have ever seen. This is where we spent the majority of our time. There is shopping on the first and second floor of the lobby, I bought a new tie for dinner, and some souvenirs to take home. There is a golf course on the property, although I do not play golf, it's my understanding that it is a par 3 course, not a regular course. Our room was great with a great view. Ocean side = sunrises, Bay side = sunsets. Bathroom was great, with separate room for shower and toilet. It made getting ready much easier. Our balcony had a great view of Horseshoe Bay. We loved the hotel, the beach and the people here. We haven't stayed anywhere else in Bermuda, but we have traveled a lot. We highly recommend this hotel, and highly recommend Bermuda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont