We chose to stay at The Fairmont South Hampton because I was there 6 years ago with family and we really enjoyed it. They were having a special for about $200/night including taxes and resort fees so we grabbed it, are we glad we did. The service is very good and the staff is so nice, actually everyone on the island is very nice. We had gone right after the hurricane they had in September. I booked the regular with the option to upgrade if available. The upgrade was available and knowing they weren't fully booked because of the hurricane I asked for an additional upgrade. The front desk lady didn't look to thrilled when I asked but she did accomodate. We got a partial ocean view room, not bad for the money, cheap actually.
The room - walk in closet which I believe is standard, 2 sinks, comfortable beds, turn down service, loved the toilettries, they smell so good. Rooms could use a bit of a face lift.
The beach is beautiful. This hotel is located near a great beach, it is so picturesque. Keep in mind the hotel isn't directly on the beach. The hotel restaurant on the beach is very good. We ate there 2 or 3 times. As for the cons, the beach chairs need to be changed. They should get beach beds and get rid of the strip plastic lounge chairs. They need to have more faucets of water to wash feet. They only have one for the feet and one for the body and you end up waiting. I think because people stay at this hotel for the beach that whole area needs a facelift. The waiting area where the trolley is picked up, where the little shop is, the restrooms and showers and the restaurant etc.
Restaurants - We dined the the Waterloo which was very good and classy. Loved it.
We ate at the Ocean Club which has spectacular views but the food was average to good.
Breakfast is good but expensive if you dine in the main breakfast dining room I forget the name. If you have a light breakfast, they call it "to go breakfast" in the Jasmine lounge it's more reasonable and you don't have to get the pre fix. It's flexable but you must have breakfast atleast once in the main dining room because of the view. The restaurant by the pool is also good but that also needs a facelift.
The ferry service to town is great even though it doesn't run too many times (3 times a day 9am, 1pm and 5pm it is a help). We would take the boat in and taxi back. It is like a free mini tour of the island.
As for the nightly entertainment in the Jasmine lounge it is really good. They had a trio band every night and they were very professional. The lounge has a nice classy vibe and we would go every night to relax, people watch enjoy the music and cocktails. Keep in mind Bermuda doesn't have much night life.
Concierge - I can't say enough nice things about the concierge staff. They were always very helpful and eager to please
As for the spa, it was good but I have had a better massage. Again the spa needs a facelift especially where the pool area is, it looks very dated. The view from the spa is spectacualr though. They have 2 jacuzzi's one is very hot. We couldn't stay in it for very long.
Overall we do recommned this hotel and would go back. The con's were just very minimal that the pros outweighted them hands down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont