Nothing short of spectacular.
I have been coming to Bermuda for many years for both business and pleasure and have stayed at most of the luxury hotels on the island. I can say that my favorite by far is the Fairmont Southampton. With Bermuda being only a one-hour forty minute flight from New York- it’s my favorite spot for a long weekend getaway.
My arrival at the hotel was smooth sailing. Although I came in at the same time as the flights from Atlanta and Newark (I flew out of JFK) the hotel was ready for us. There were 5 people at the reception desk, they had a welcome packet with my key all ready for me and my wait was no more than 5 minutes. When I pulled up to the hotel in the taxi from the airport, a bellman promptly took my bags and they were waiting for me in my room when we got upstairs.
The Fairmont Southampton is on the south shore of Bermuda- next to Horseshoe Bay and is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. The water is crystal clear and warm. The staff on the beach is courteous and attentive. They gave us lots of extra towels and the dining at the beach terrific- burgers, salads, drinks etc. (the two-for-one drink specials until 6PM were also a terrific surprise- especially considering the 17% tax on everything) Once we were at the beach for the afternoon we didn’t have to leave for anything. In addition, one night we went to the second beachfront dining facility- the Ocean Club- and watched the sunset while eating amazing seafood on the terrace- what a picture perfect experience and the food at the Ocean Club was to die for. The Fairmont beach is also great because its private. Horseshoe Bay is right next store and definitely worth walking over to, but depending on when you go- you may find yourself with 500 cruise ship passengers and a lot of locals. The private experience of the beach at the Fairmont is definitely much more desirable. .
The rooms were very clean and after housekeeping left it looked like I had just checked in. My room was cleaned 2x’s/day and every room at the hotel has a balcony which is a big plus.
Activities- the highlight of my most recent trip to the Fairmont Southampton was my Jet Ski tour. We went out in a small group, some people were more experienced than others- but our instructors were great and made sure everyone could keep up. They were very knowledgeable about the island, the history, the wildlife… it was the best learning experience I had and it was an incredible way to see the island from a different perspective.
Food: The Waterlot Inn is an absolute MUST. The steakhouse has won all sorts of awards and the service and food were 5-star. We got there early and had drinks on the patio by the dock. My husband really enjoyed Bacci (they say you can’t get “real Italian” outside of the Northeast- but that’s not the case here, it’s as good as anything we have had in New York.) We also enjoyed going to Wickets in the morning for breakfast. While the buffet was nice, the full service, poolside experience was a little more low key and more our speed at Wickets.
Spa- I received an amazing couples massage with my husband at the WIllowstream Spa. After our treatment, we spent the rest of the day using the spa facilities- yes you can spend a day doing that! The indoor pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzis etc. The spa even had it’s own menu and we ate on the sundeck after our treatments. The spa is the ultimate in peace and serenity (what’s also nice is that there are no kids here!). We had a great romantic day at the spa on the one day that we were there that was overcast. I wish I had come to the spa on my previous trips- it’s a gem hidden at the back of the hotel (unfortunately I was too caught up on the pink sand beach!)
Overall- the experience at the Fairmont Southampton is nothing short of five star. While there isn’t a lot to do at night in Bermuda- for what we were there for, sun, activities, great food, great spa… this is the spot and it’s so close to the east coast- it takes me less time to get to Bermuda than it does to get to the Hamptons from New York City! I would recommend this as a great spot for couples and for families with children (although I don’t have any, the ones that I did see there were all having a ball). The staff was very attentive, remembered my name after the second day, and bent over backwards to get whatever I needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont