The Fairmont Southampton is in a gorgeous location.
Bermuda is an absolutely beautiful, colorful, gorgeous island. With the most brillant aqua clear water that was about 80 degrees and comfortable to swim in everyday. And very colorful homes that look fantastic with the aqua water as a backdrop.
On a windy day you do have to be careful regarding the toxic Portegeuse Man of War Jellyfish. The people are a mix of proper British etiquette with a variety of island sounds to their dialect. Some sound more Jamaican and others sound more British, it's quite a mix.
Bermuda is a very expensive place to vacation and the hotel does ding you for just about everything unless you join the President's club. You pay an extra expense to use the wi-fi and an extra expense to use the gym. The shuttle to the hotel's beach however is free, and the boat shuttle to Hamilton I believe is free or a very low price. To take a Taxi for about 2 miles will cost about $15. to $20 dollars. We stopped at a deli for cheese and crackers for lunch and a box of crackers was $5.25. With that said you pay $16.00 for a Hamburger and fries at the hotel.
For buying snack near the hotel there is the restaurant Henry VIII down the hill from the Hotel has a pantry of beer, wine, cheese and crackers if you want to stop there and buy yourself some treats. We didn't know this until later on in our trip. We heard the food was also good there, but we didn't make it there.
The hotel grounds: Beautiful! There are lots of things to do right at the hotel with a wonderful spa, ( also very expensive) to free swimming in the pools one outdoor and one indoor and 2 jacuzzi's. We met nice people in the jacuzzi in the evenings. The hotel also offers daily activites including Happy Hour at the beach to early morning guided hikes.
The Hotel's Beach: Oh my gosh!!! Sitting at the beach here is like sitting in a postcard, and we truly didn't want to tour the island, because we just wanted to stay at the beach all day everyday. I will post photos so you can see what I am talking about.
The rooms: Are big! Each room had a balcony as well as a little couch and coffee table. We were quite comfortable. The hotel staff also brought us an extra refrigerator to store our cheese and wine purchases.
The hotel's restaurant Bacci's was terrific. I think you have to know what to order. Make sure you say you want tap water for water at dinner, as they will charge you $7.00 a bottle for water if you do not say. I had the pizza which was terrific and my husband had the steak which he also loved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont