“Great!”

Henry VIII Restaurant
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Great!”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is the first restaurant we tried on the island so we weren't sure what to expect. I'm glad to say we were pleasantly surprised.

The place definitely had a locals vibe - like this is the place you go if you live on the island and want a nice meal. Seemed to be an even split between locals and tourists. Service was attentive and the food was well prepared and really good! My wife had a fish dish and I tried the lamb. Although I think I may have offended the chef by declining the mint jelly (never really liked it), because I was checked on twice by the wait staff to make sure I still didn't want it :)

Going out to eat in Bermuda is expensive but this place wasn't any more expensive than the other popular restaurants in the area.

This is a great find; Don’t miss eating here.

1 Thank tfrisinger

• Polish first
maplewood, New Jersey, USA
“great food that shouldn't be missed”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stopped in for dinner at Henry VIII based on a friend's recommendation. The food and service did not disappoint. I had a steak which was fantastic and my husband opted for the sushi which he enjoyed very much. The atmosphere is great - very cozy. The service was also top notch....friendly helpful staff. If you are staying at the Fairmont Southhampton - try and leave the compound one night and hit Henry VIII - it's just about a block away and well worth the visit. In addition to the main restaurant they also have a more casual bar area with a less expensive menu.

1 Thank msudlik
orlando
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great outdoor seating view...surprisingly good food.”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Spent labor day 2011 weekend in Bermuda at the Fairmont Southhampton. We wanted to stay in and just eat at Jasmine, one of the many restaurants in the hotel. Jasmine was fairly busy, and we sat for what seemed like 15 minutes without anyone stopping by (odd, the service in all of the other hotel restaurants was very attentive) to at least bring water so we opted to hop on the scooter and head to Henry VIII. I was not enthusiastic to go there, I thought it would just be more pub food. I was pleasantly surprised. We did end up sitting in the pub area due to no reservation, but the hostess took the time to set our table as if we were in the more formal area. A manager and a bartender stopped by each twice just to ask how we were faring. Our server was more than doting as well. There was plenty to choose from, every sort of fare. Bermuda restaurants offerings if not English or Irish are across the board, likely to appeal to the rainbow of tourists. We had shrimp wrapped scallops with mushroom risotto and the rib eye, both tasty and nicely cooked. The mashed potatoes came with a very unusual but delicious white sherry gravy, something I've never tasted before. Try the fish chowder with sherry pepper and rum sauce. We went back another night and sat outside on the patio. The view was great, the service so so but the food was still good. I would caution anyone calling Henry VIII pricey. Every restaurant off hotel property cost as much if not more, eating in Bermuda is pricey period...always around $20 per entree.

1 Thank marmz
London, Canada
“Fun nightlife!”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I didnt eat here, just went for drinks. The night we were there they had a really good UK singer called Damien Flood playing. He was excellent! Great atmosphere, had a lovely evening out. The wait staff were attentive and friendly.

• Visited August 2011
St. Augustine, Florida
“average, if you're in the area”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Had planned to go to the Lighthouse Restaurant but it was closed, so a local directed us down to Henry's. It's a rather large and somewhat pretentious place, but basically a pub, albeit with a bit wider menu. We were there at lunchtime, and the place was practically deserted - just us and one other couple inside, and a family outside. The food was pretty good, nothing special, but not bad. Wouldn't go out of my way to eat here, but if you're in the area it's a perfectly fine meal.

• Visited August 2011