“Perfect for special celebration”

Waterlot Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Defining Bermuda's steakhouse experience for nearly 350 years, the historic Waterlot Inn remains Bermuda's best. Gracefully nestled dockside on Jew's Bay, the Waterlot Inn offers breathtaking sunsets and proudly boasts both AAA Four Diamond and Wine Spectator Awards. Serving the finest steaks and chops, this classic dining room has introduced a newly updated and inspired menu that spans time-honored signature specialties and incorporates bold new flavors. Fresh ingredients, unique preparation and award-winning service surrounded by warm furnishings are the hallmarks of The Waterlot Inn.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The service at this restaurant is phenomenal. They wait on you hand and foot and do a great job. The food is delicious. The steak was perfectly cooked and you get to choose your sauces which is nice. The chimichurri was a great match for the steak. The cheesecake dessert was out of this world delicious! They poured bermuda honey over it which made it that much more delicious. This is definitely a splurge like all the guide books say but it is worth the money for a special occasion or celebration and a really good steak

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Gluten Free Review: excellent restaurant and I highly recommend it. "Elegant, traditional Bermuda" is how I would describe the atmosphere and restaurant. Waterlot has a GF menu but the chef also came to our table to answer questions. She was so very helpful and very happy to make our experience an excellent one. I had the yellowfin tuna crudo appetizer and a lobster tail and filet entre. There was also a GF flour less chocolate cake dessert but my wife and I were too full to attempt it. We will be back!

1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had been here 16 years ago when we got engaged and enjoyed it so much that we decided to return for our 15th Anniversary dinner. When our hotel made the reservations, they asked if we were celebrating anything special. EVERY person who greeted us or served us made sure to wish us a Happy Annniversary. It was very nice to have our celebration acknowledged.

We arrived a few minutes early hoping to have drinks on the dock first. Unfortunately, it was not open so we went inside and were seated right away even though we were a little early. We were given a wine list on an iPad. Needless to say it was extensive. My husband chose a great bottle of wine.

For dinner, my husband started with a wedge salad and said it was great. I chose the chopped salad as it sounded different. It included apples, cucumbers and was topped with warm onion rings. They were a wonderful compliment to the salad and I ate every last bite.

My husband chose the filet and said it was one of the best he'd ever had. I chose the evening's special which included a piece of grilled wahoo, two filet medallions and two garlic grilled shrimp. Fantastic!

The sides here, like other great steakhouses, are a la carte. We decided to try the truffle mac and cheese. It was amazing!

Neither of us had any room for dessert but decided to have a cup of coffee. As a treat, the server brought a small tray of candies since it was our anniversary. We were then presented with an anniversary card signed by all of the servers which was a very nice touch.

Now I know why The Waterlot stood out in my mind all of these years. If/when we return to Bermuda, it will be the first place I choose to dine!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Waterlot is definitely worth a visit if you like steak. The meat is of such good quality that is practically melts in your mouth. Treat yourself to the duck-fat fries and onion rings as accompaniments too!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Recently visited for an anniversary dinner. This place has a classic, historical feel along with great service and amazing food. We both ordered the filet but the other dishes ordered nearby looked great as well. Best seasoned/cooked steak I have had in a long time. This place is as good as any of the steakhouses back in NYC. Highly recommended. Vincent and Shetty made our experience a special one.