“Worth every dollar!”

Waterlot Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Defining Bermuda's steakhouse experience for nearly 350 years, the historic Waterlot Inn remains Bermuda's best. Gracefully nestled dockside on Jew's Bay, the Waterlot Inn offers breathtaking sunsets and proudly boasts both AAA Four Diamond and Wine Spectator Awards. Serving the finest steaks and chops, this classic dining room has introduced a newly updated and inspired menu that spans time-honored signature specialties and incorporates bold new flavors. Fresh ingredients, unique preparation and award-winning service surrounded by warm furnishings are the hallmarks of The Waterlot Inn.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our 1st trip to Waterlot and was it worth it. The wine was perfect and the surf and turf was the best I've ever had (and I'm from New England!). Take your sweetheart here and stroll the waterfront when your done!

2  Thank Matt K

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I went to the Waterlot Inn on our last night in Bermuda specifically to try their steaks. We were not disappointed!
I had the signature tenderloin medallions and my husband had filet mignon. Both were cooked to perfection and were almost tender enough to cut with a fork. Being a traditional steak house, all sides are served al a carte. We had the caesar salad for two which was also delicious. The Waterlot is expensive, but the excellent food and impeccable service made it a truly memorable experience. If you are staying in Hamilton and want to save the cost of a taxi to and from the Waterlot, the number 8 bus runs every hour-sometimes more frequently-and stops right in front of the restaurant.

1  Thank primadonna
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our steaks here and the service as well. Great atmosphere. After dinner we enjoyed a band on the outdoor patio area. Amazing ambiance as well. We have found on our tropical vacations, it is hard to find a steak that remotely even tastes like a steak. These steaks were the real thing and pleased my husband who is very picky with his steaks. Highly recommend. My pomegranate was delicious too. We booked one of their first seatings since we brought out kids, and my daughter loved her meal as well (other child slept the whole time). Note: there are a lot of steps to get in this restaurant and once you are in the restaurant. I would call ahead if you have trouble with steps as we saw a wheelchair going in a different entrance.

1  Thank Immaculatelawns1
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very disappointed to find out that the Waterlot is no longer serving Sunday Brunch. We were so looking forward to it.

1  Thank jcrdaycare
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am struggling to understand the incessant comments about prices. If you walk down the road from the Waterlot Inn to the Marketplace at Heron Bay, you will discover that food is quite expensive in Bermuda. Whole watermelons cost $10, the cheapest cuts of beef cost $10.00/pound, and most other foodstuffs come at a premium. Unlike the United States which grows its own food and has a vast system of highways and railways, Bermuda imports 90% of its food via boat and airplane!

The Setting: The Waterlot Inn occupies a building that dates back almost 400 years. It sits on the Jews Bay harbor, which is where Fairmont runs its ferry service to/from the Hamilton Princess. The interior of the Waterlot Inn is adorned with fireplaces, antique fixtures, and model ships. It is a warm, cozy, and intimate setting that oozes history. The exterior has seating for drinks but not dinner, which is not necessarily a bad thing granted the harbor is quaint but not very scenic.

The Food: Although the Waterlot Inn describes itself as a steakhouse, we found the menu had several worthwhile seafood offerings. It has an array of steaks on/off the bone but also racks of lamb, veal chops, and roasted chicken. I had a 10 oz. New York strip ($40.00, which is what it would cost in New York City) topped with foie gras. My wife had a pan-seared grouper with mango salsa ($38.00). We had a la carte sides of vegetables ($8.00) and creamed-spinach ($9.00) and mushroom thermidor ($21.00) for an appetizer. We finished with the sticky toffee pudding ($14.00) and creme brulee ($12.00) for dessert. The food was absolutely decadent, maybe even too decadent at times. I would imagine many of our dishes contained no shortage of cream and butter! All the food was properly seasoned and properly cooked. It was a truly satisfying and excellent meal.

The Wine: My wife had a glass of wine that she considered a bit on the pricier side but reasonable granted the environs. It was good. We never looked at the full bottle menu (I do not partake in drinking alcohol) but saw others perusing it on an iPad. The somelier appeared to be on site and attentive, making recommendations.

The Service: Very courteous and professional across the board, from our waiter to the additional servers tending our table. The floor manager made it a point to visit each patron. Our table was crumbed before continuing with dessert and presenting the check. We had no issues with any of the staff.

The Attire: Although not required, this place really merits jackets for men. Shorts (except in the traditional Bermudian fashion with knee socks, which is considered semi-formal attire) have no place there, nor do jeans, short-sleeved shirts, or flip-flops/sandals. It is a restaurant for fine dining, not a casual resort meal. I would love to see a dress code more aggressively enforced, but this seems to gone on the wayside across the island.

If you are looking for a truly special place to have dinner, the Waterlot Inn would be appropriate. If you are looking for a gourmet meal in a casual setting, it would be less than ideal. Reservations are most definitely recommended.

1  Thank gnikyerffej