“Everything was good”

Waterlot Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Defining Bermuda's steakhouse experience for nearly 350 years, the historic Waterlot Inn remains Bermuda's best. Gracefully nestled dockside on Jew's Bay, the Waterlot Inn offers breathtaking sunsets and proudly boasts both AAA Four Diamond and Wine Spectator Awards. Serving the finest steaks and chops, this classic dining room has introduced a newly updated and inspired menu that spans time-honored signature specialties and incorporates bold new flavors. Fresh ingredients, unique preparation and award-winning service surrounded by warm furnishings are the hallmarks of The Waterlot Inn.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Waterlot Inn while in Bermuda for our honeymoon. I thought it was going to be just o.k., given that it is linked to a hotel (sometimes hotel restaurants aren't the best), but this restaurant really stands out. You have to either take a taxi there, or take the bus to the Fairmont, then they have a shuttle that takes you right to the restaurant.
There is an outdoor lounge outside of the restaurant, with a view of the harbor, and it was quite nice to watch the sunset there. You can order drinks and appetizers while waiting for your table. We had a dinner reservation, which I would recommend making in advance.
The service was fantastic, but the food is what really stands out here. Everything was cooked to perfection. I ordered salmon, and it was the best salmon I've had...the sides are yummy, especially the truffle mac 'n cheese. While it is VERY pricey here, I think you pay for what you get. My only complaint is that the restaurant feels stuffy at times...it's almost too formal, given the atmosphere outside of the restaurant. For example, big chairs with arms at a table that was so long for 2 people that I had to lean in to talk with my husband; dim lights; servers with bow ties, etc. Overall though, the food was just perfect and a great place for a special occasion.

There are newer reviews for Waterlot Inn Restaurant

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went to the Southampton Princess for a birthday weekend (thanks to my wife) and we went here one night. Not too many restaurants get so many things right. Fantastic service; great food, terrific ambiance; this is a restaurant experience you will definitely remember.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The Waterlot Inn is an amazing restaurant, the food and service is first class and is one of the best meals we have ever had.
Michael Scott the Executive Chef at Fairmont has made this a superb place to dine and his delightful German chef has flair and attention to detail.
Steaks are without comparison and they have taken a risk adding the Cap Rib Steak to the menu which was executed perfectly.
Will definitely return here and would highly recommend a visit

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were a large group and the staff kindly accommodated us. The food was excellent and although known for their steak, they offers wide variety of fish and seafood. Their wine list is extensive. Perhaps because we were a large group, our dinner was over 3 hours, however, the staff was friendly and eager to please.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Let me start by saying the tone for the evening was off due to horrible service; our table of 16 took 3.5 hours to eat and no one ordered coffee/dessert because we were all beat by that point. For what you pay let me say I have never had worse service; literally 30 minutes after we ordered the waiter returned to get orders from the side of the table and by the time my $62 steak trio arrived it was lukewarm and my date's fish was average at best. Who knows what dessert could have been. Its a gorgeous place and easy to get to from the Fairmont but I expected a special night; what I got was an experience like watching a bad movie that was way too long. I don't mind paying a bunch for dinner but my money would have been spent better somewhere else on this evening.

1  Thank SCDevsFan