“Got time to spare? then pay a taxi their fare!”
Review of Oleander Cycles

Oleander Cycles
More attraction details
Owner description: Oleander Cycles has been renting scooters and push bikes to visitors and locals since 1964. We have 8 locations and are open 7 days a week. Visit us online today and make a reservation.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you have plenty of time and money.. go by air conditioned taxi. If you really want to SEE the island and want to be in control of when and where you go, get scooters! Pay the extra 5.00 for the DELUXE model.. we had one of each.. the DELUXE climbed hills better and went a little faster. Pay Attention all the time.. head on a swivel.. Locals will pass you in the same lane.. inches away.. you stay where you are and they will ride around you.. don't be twitchy. My wife rode her own and my daughter rode with me. The scooters were a major highlight of our trip.

3  Thank Ed_Levine
"full tank of gas"
"personal items"
"safety instructions"

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The first thing that one must do--in my opinion--when renting a scooter in Bermuda is set expectations. These are not the slickest machines on the road and with some good reason. If not accustomed to driving on Bermuda roads, a powerful cycle would be too dangerous. I borrowed my Bermudian friend's 100cc scooter and had to be cautious with the throttle. So, the cycles lack the power to whisk you up the hills. No matter: most locals prefer to wait patiently behind you than to scrape you off the pavement. The only reason my rating is four and not five out of five is because they also tend to be a bit beat up. This is true of all rental agencies in Bermuda.

Next, you want to find a rental company that has great service and Oleander is it. I have been renting cycles from them for almost the last twenty years (once every few years so maybe about five - seven times). This time, I dealt with the store in Paget. I dealt primarily with Eric and he was excellent. He explained the various options clearly and answered all my questions. I won't go into details, but I had a bit of a complication with my contract--my fault--and Eric was very accommodating and reasonable. I should mention that they were able to handle a big rush of customers quickly and efficiently: even though there was tons of activity, nobody had to wait more than a couple of minutes...which was a pleasant surprise. (Eric was particularly good at juggling multiple customers and helping/directing other employees without any confusion.)

Last, I want to thank Oleander for their pickup and drop-off service. This makes the whole deal very convenient. (The drivers were also very pleasant and personal: nice touch.)

I have never rented from anywhere else in Bermuda, but I have no motivation to try the others as long as Oleander maintains this level of service.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our group of eight rented scooters from Oleander Cycles for four days over the 4th of July week. We picked them and dropped them of from the Kings Wharf location. The staff was extremely friendly and the check in process was very fast. All eight scooters where properly tuned up and ran extremely well. The made sure everyone was comfortable with the equipment before releasing us. Three of the eight speedometer / odometers did not work. This would have been useful not knowing what km/hr feels like compared to m/hr. All in all I would recommend this company to anybody visiting the island.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was in Bermuda for a few days watching everyone on their scooters and decided to try it. Well I was nervous and decided not to rent the scooter but the young lady, whose name I did not get, was very patient with me. I went to the location across from The Reefs.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We came in on a cruise ship to the Dockyard in Bermuda. The cycle co. had a representative waiting at the pier to sign you up for scooter. They drive you the very short distance to the rental office. The service was very friendly and the scooters are a blast to ride on this beautiful island! I only wish I had rented a scooter on the first day we got to Bermuda instead of the last day there, it's the best way to see this extraordinary island. Pricing was very affordable as well.

1  Thank M A