“Great beach dining” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mickey's Beach Bistro and Bar

Mickey's Beach Bistro and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
CT
“Great beach dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great staff, great food, great views. Make reservation or show up early. Ordered the seafood risotto and expected a small dab of food, but I was surprised with almost not finishing. Can't wait to go back to both Bermuda and Mickey's.

• Visited July 2013

Suffield, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A beautiful way to end our vacation in Bermuda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

At the recommendation of our Bermuda friends, we made a reservation to eat at Mickey's on the last night of our 10 day stay on the island. Our family of four thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Although the online reservation system did not work out perfectly, a follow up phone call secured the reservation for a beachside table on a busy Friday night. We arrived early and enjoyed a tasty pitcher of Mojitos at the bar. We were seated at our table as the restaurant began to fill. The staff was omnipresent and very accommodating, our primary server Vasi was charming, pleasant, and one of the most professional waiters we had met in a long time. The setting was beautiful and the food was superb. We started with the tasty fish chowder and calamari, which was incredibly light and tender. Our entrees were seafood risotto, grilled seafood platter, seafood casserole, and salmon. The portions were on the larger side, and we were all satiated after enjoying and taste-sharing our individual meals. We did manage to share an exceptional carrot cake dessert before ending our evening with stroll in the sand of beautiful Elbow Bay Beach as the sun was setting on the day and on our visit to the island.

• Visited July 2013
Pickering, Canada
“Best View Ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Mickey's Beach Bar (at Elbow Beach Resort) is one of the only restaurants in Bermuda where you can eat right on the beach. The view of Elbow Beach and the ocean is breathtaking. We specifically went for lunch so we could appreciate the view. There is a dining area that is covered or you can eat on the deck where there is optional patio umbrellas. The lunch menu has quite a bit of choice. I had my best drink in Bermuda here (rasberry peach mojitio - SO good) although it was $15 and served in a plastic cup. We shared the calamari to start which were very good. My husband had a burger which he really enjoyed and said was cooked perfectly. I had the chicken mango salad with a curry dressing which I really liked. The portions were adequate and the service was great. 2 drinks, 1 appetizer, 2 cheaper entrees came out to almost $100. Eek. But you're paying extra for the view which was totally worth it. I think we would return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Fabulous food and beach location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant on our last evening. Wish we had found it sooner. The beach location at Elbow Beach was idyllic. We had surf and turf, melt in the mouth beef and succulent prawns, seasoned beautifully. Excellent service and atmosphere too. 10/10 thank you for a memorable evening (-:

• Visited June 2013
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Why Go Anywhere Else?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

While visiting Bermuda Mickey's was recommended by the hotel staff of another local Paget Hotel. The food was excellent. The first time I ate there it was at lunch. The food was so good I returned for dinner the same day. Had I not been leaving the next morning I would have returned again. I had pizza for lunch. It was evident the ingredients were very fresh. I enjoy pizza, but at Mickey's it was a real culinary experience. At dinner I had the salmon. Again it was an outstanding choice. Did I mention the great cheesecake? Hmmmmmm good. I don't know who the chef is, but he deserves a raise. I give Mickey's two thumbs up and recommend them highly. By the way the ocean view is spectacular too!

• Visited June 2013