“Excellent experience & food and beach ambiance!”

Mickey's Beach Bistro and Bar
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Paget Parish
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wow! This place is something else! It is right on the beach- you are literally beside the sand and your background music is the ocean waves. Your view is the beach, ocean, and moonlight in the evening. We ate there 3 nights and every night the food was fabulous and the service was the best! This is a 5 star place - the servers are very friendly, accomodating and professional. My favorite servers were Vasi and Edi - they went beyond the call of duty and made sure we were well taken care of. The food speaks for itself - everything is delicious and presented beautifully. I will recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Bermuda - I think it is the best setting, best food and best service!! Number 1 !!! And I am particular!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Fun & exciting beach bistro/bar. Staff terrific very helpful & always smiling. Good mixed Menu but need to have some "Specials" to add a bit of variation as it is part of the Elbow Beach Hotel complex. Excellent Cocktails!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had a SUPERB meal at Mickey’s on a recent Wednesday night. From beginning to end, the service was excellent, the food was delicious and beautifully presented, and of course the atmosphere was perfect. Wonderful recommendation for the 1/2 bottle of Chianti to accompany our meal. It was a magical evening thanks to the entire team.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place is great for tasty casual food with an awesome view of the ocean. Drinks are also blended just right (love mango mixes). I love being able to enjoy my meal and then move right into a walk on the beach. Whenever I'm in Bermuda this is a must stop.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We frequently say that we don't mind paying good money for good food, but we don't like paying good money for poor quality food. Well, we got more than our money's worth at Mickey's Bistro on Elbow Beach in Bermuda. Mickey's bills itself as "Bermuda's only bistro on the beach," and the atmosphere alone is worth the price of admission. We were seated just feet from the beach in this open air restaurant that featured an amazing view of Bermuda's pink sand and turquoise water, a gentle ocean breeze, tiled floor and smartly dressed servers whose uniforms included classic Bermuda shorts.

I chose the Elbow Ciabatta, which is grilled fresh Bermuda fish marinated in herbs, garlic and lemon juice, lettuce, tomato, avocado and tartar sauce. The sandwich changes slightly depending on the catch of the day but always features a local fish. On the day we visited, Amberjack was the featured catch. A light flavorful fish, my sandwich was blessed with a more than generous portion - many restaurants don't serve a filet this big for a main dinner course! The fish was perfectly grilled and moist. Its flavor was complimented by the accompaniments, and the meal was completed with a homemade cole slaw and fries. Incredible is the only word to describe my meal.

My husband had the Turkey Panini, which is honey roast turkey breast, provolone cheese, tomato, mayo and arugula leaves. His meal was also accompanied by fries and the homemade cole slaw. Again, the sandwich was a generous portion of fresh meat and cheese, grilled to perfection and beautifully presented. His meal was deemed fantastic!

Mickey's is a top rated bistro with menu pricing to match. Lunch entrees start at $16 for a simple pizza and run up to $34 for the prawns. The restaurant also automatically figures in the gratuity, which is a fairly common practice in Bermuda. The good news is that the Bermuda dollar is on par with the American dollar, and Mickey's accepts U.S. money. And, the food is worth every penny!

Finally, we had the pleasure of experiencing Bermuda hospitality and service at its finest. The restaurant staff were friendly and attentive, and we look forward to visiting Mickey's Bistro on our next trip to this beautiful island.