We actually visited Easter 2011 but tripadvisor wouldn't give me the option to chose that date.
We found the cottage to be absolutely delightful. Typical Bermudian cottage with comfortable furnishings. Spacious bedrooms with the most beautiful view over the ocean. Truthfully I would actually like to live there forever, it's my idea of heaven.
It's actually as close to being on the beach without actually being built on the sand. 2 nice sized bedrooms, decent bathroom, comfy lounge/diner, compact kitchen with everything you need - we ate in most of the time with no problems cooking basic family food.
Veranda has beautiful views over the beach & ocean.
The beach is a private beach so very quiet and there is a rock pool at the fat end which is great for little ones to paddle & shallow swim in. The beach is on the north shore so care needs to be taken with the undertow for beginner swimmers. The sunrise is lovely to see over the beach. You can watch it from bed in the master bed - blissful.
It's about a mile walk to the main road which has a bus stop. Buses are pretty regular during the day. You'll need a taxi at night. Nice walk up to the road & the disused rail track is close by for a change of route. It wasn't too hot for us to walk as it was Easter.
There is a supermarket within our walking distance - this is obviously subjective - we are happy to walk 2 or 3 miles to grab groceries whilst on holiday - its a chance to see the sights & sounds of local life.
Car hire in BDA isn't available but buses & taxis & ferries are around.
The owners are absolutely lovely. We had the best time & it won't be too many years before we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in Paget, these two, two-bedroom beach cottages are a great escape for anyone looking to enjoy a relaxing holiday. Both have a fully equipped kitchen, TV and wireless internet. A 10-15 minute walk from main bus routes and grocery store or 10 minute taxi ride into the City of Hamilton. Each cottage sleeps 4 adults comfortably. Monthly winter rates available. We respect our guests privacy, therefore, viewing is by appointment only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Grape Bay Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grape Bay Cottages Hotel Paget
- Grape Bay Cottages Bermuda/Paget Parish