“Trouble in Paradise”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Paget Parish
Hamilton, Ontario
“Trouble in Paradise”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We were guests at the Four Ways Inn in March 2006 and could not wait to return as the accomodations, service and food were outstanding. We have just returned from a six night stay over New Year's and have to say that only the food merits our accolades. Upon arrival to the Sloop cottage we were disapppointed to find that the sute appeared run down and lacking attention to detail. Light bulbs were missing in two lamps, bathroom towels were thin, grey and stained, one complimentary bath robe was ripped on the sleeve and belt and a thick layer of dust was apparent on the top door of the medicine cabinet. The furnishings were dated and unattractive. Only one of the two heater/air conditioners in the suite was functioning. We requested immediately that a missing iron be replaced and light bulbs and a new robe be furnished. The iron and robe were forthcoming only after an employee verified that indeed these items were defective; the light bulbs took two more requests and three days to be furnished. We needed local information about the ferries and busses and found no one at the front desk most of the time. On the rare occasion that we did communicate with an employee at Four Ways conflicting or little information was proferred. After New Year's Day the entire entry area of the Inn was dark, uninviting and bereft of employees. The breakfast was served to our door but compared to our first visit the quality and presentation had declined noticeably. Gone were the little glass jam jars replaced by restaurant style plastic peal back pats; although we requested tea the lukewarm water came on most days in a coffee carafe the silverware was ready for replacement and the breakfest was, although adequate, after six days varied only by what was not on the fruit plate. We could go on and on (sheets never renewed; rusting bathroom fixtures;barely enough hot water in the shower) but suffice it to say that there is trouble in paradise. The devil is in the detaits it is said and it was that lack of attention to details that have left us feeling unwelcome, poorly served and ultimately overcharged. When we paid our bill and checked out we were not even asked how was our stay. They know. I would be embarrassed to do so too.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JohnED58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
US
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I'm writing this review now, but my family and I had visited Bermuda in late August of this year. This cottage community was one of the highlights of my trip! I took many beautiful pictures here of the flowers, buildings, and property. I love how it's historic and laid back. There's also very nice free continental breakfasts each morning that they deliver to your room! You can get tea, fresh fruit, pastries, jams etc. The front office was very helpful and always there to arrange for our taxi rides. A special thanks to Alex and his staff!!! They are also very knowledgeable about the beaches, restaurants, and things to do on the island. The pool is great and was a pleasure to swim in. The town of Paget is very nice. If you're looking for a quiet stay, this inn is definitely worth considering! From the inn, you can walk to a great local creole style take-out restaurant that has very tasty food especially the curry shrimp. If I come back to Bermuda, I'll stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My husband and I have been to Bermuda several times, we love Bermuda!
We have stayed at several Hotels on the Island, we enjoyed them all, but this time, we found the Pot of Gold!
A fantastic experience from booking the reservations to checking out, Alex and the staff are incredible in providing service, hospitality, ambiance which exceeds expectations at all times.
Four Ways Inn has all the charisma we look for, and the restaurant, service, decor and menu is extraordinary!
We have already booked our next trip to Four Ways Inn, we are very much looking forward to it, and want to extend Special Thanks to Alex for making our stay such a pleasure!
Best Regards,
Rob and Ginette Fisher from Ottawa, Canada

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Angie F
Boston
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Fourways Inn in late November. We really enjoyed our stay and had great time. The inn is great, not too far from the beach. The room and bathroom were clean, spacious, and have lots of light. The staff is very helpful, professional and friendly. Excellent service! They were recommending things to do and showing the ways around. The dinners and Sunday branch were amazing! We strongly recommend Fourways. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EB T
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I just returned from Bermuda to celebrate my birthday with friends and family. We stayed at the Fourways Inn (my 8th visit) and loved the whole experience - the cottages, the Peg Leg Bar and dining room. Alex and his team know how to take care of every detail. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank KenEvents
Slingerlands, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were recently in Bermuda and stayed at Fourways Inn. Our experience was superb! We were impressed starting with the booking of our reservation, through our entire stay. The location, despite not being directly on the beach, was convenient to everything (including beaches) on the island. Our room was spacious and very clean with a great balcony and view. The staff (especially Alex!) was professional, respectful, so helpful, and extremely knowledgable. The restaurant was outstanding. And...extremely fare rates! We are "picky" travelers, so trust this review! We highly recommend the Fourways Inn, you will love it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce B
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the stay I had at the Fourways Inn, with this trip being my first visit to Bermuda. I wasn't sure what to expect, and overall my stay was very pleasant.

The room was expansive, and contained all amenities I would need (frig, microwave, desk, digital TV, etc). The bathroom and shower areas were large with double sinks and bathrobe, water pressure excellent. Wireless internet did not work in the location I was in, so that was a slight notch down - it was only available in one small location in the front part of the complex even though I was told it worked throughout the property. I also enjoyed seeing a note about how candles were available in case there was a storm...don't see that very often.

Sleeping was not as great as I had hoped - the mattress was fairly hard and I woke up with a sore back. Breakfast delivered to the room was on time and fresh (and at the time unexpected - how many places still do this?).

Overall service though was excellent - when I called to arrange a taxi I was referred to by name with a pleasant tone. I will definitely recommend Fourways and would stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Request one of the far cottages away from the dining area