My husband and I just returned from 8 days in Bermuda and can't wait to return. We stayed at Celia Dawkin's - Dawkin's Manor and just loved it! If you are looking for a swanky place- this isn't it, but the location for us was great and the kitchenette served the purpose, as food prices are outrageous in Bermuda. Makes NYC look inexpensive!! There is a grocery store at the bottom of the hill- so we bought breakfast and snack food there and stocked the kitchen. Bought some liquor at the Duty Free at the airport which was a savings. Kitchen is set up for 4 and small but well equipped. Celia is a gem- such a sweet lady and very helpful with information!!
We rented scooters- was the best thing we did! We scooted all over the island, all week... Went to St. George's- shopped and picked seaglass on the beach and visited the Perfume factory for a tour, The Dockyard for shopping and a fun game of mini-golf , the Crystal Caves, horseback riding on the beach and a day poking around Hamilton for more shopping.
Eating out was expensive, but fun. We found good food at the Paraquet and The Specialty Inn at a somewhat reasonable price. The best nights were at Elbow Beach-- the Lido in the outside bar. Sushi, wine and tapas.... pricey, but couldn't beat the view and the pleasant service with no rush...... Can't wait to return.... very relaxing vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dawkins Manor provides visitors a "Home away from Home." Each suite has a fully operational kitchen, there is barbeque on pool deck as well as portable ones in store should several guest need to cook out at the same time. We pride ourselves in keeping our guest "SAFE" with modern Security devices, plenty of lights around the property, an electronic gate and a watch dog. Our state-of-the-art generator powers the entire property during power outages so our guests are never without electricity. Chauffeuring our guest on a rainy day or getting them to their appointments on time when taxis are not available or late or taking them to the airport is one of the owner's greatest pleasures; anything to keep her guest happy. Quiet, serene, peaceful, safe, hospitable and homely is Dawkins Manor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Dawkin's Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dawkins Manor Paget
- Dawkins Manor Hotel Paget
- Dawkin's Manor Bermuda/Paget Parish