This was our third visit to Bermuda, staying at Dawkin's Manor once before. It was chosen because of the price, proximity to the market, bus, cycle rentals, and beach. I had also exchanged e-mails with the owner and found her to be friendly and someone of good character in my opinion.
On this second visit we were greeted by a friendly Celia Dawkins, who presented us with a boquet of flowers and a welcoming smile. She lives on the property and maintains a safe and secure environment for her guests. Her ways are simply Bermudian. She is not rushed and as with most Bermudians, will exchange pleasantries before attending to "business". If you are in a hurry, seeking a brisk come and go experience, this is not for you. If you want to stay with someone you could call a friend, this is the place.
The guest house sits on a parcel of land that is well kept with flowers and nicely trimmed vegitation. The front drive has a gate which is closed at night and we are expected to lock doors behind us in the evening, simple precautions we also take at home. The side yard is comfortable yet not spacious but it is well lit at night, offering good security. The pool is not large but it is adequate for a manor of this size. Tables, chairs and pool loungers were also available.
The suite was spacious and clean with basic housekeeping supplies. Paper towels, dish soap, coffee sweetners, salt and pepper were some of which you would not find in a typical rental. Yes, there were no coffee filters but we also have to bring them where we vacation in Mexico. No big deal. The beds were comfortable, with plenty of drawer and closet space in the bedrooms. The bathrooms were clean with no shortage of hot water and the linens were changed regularily.
We would surely stay again as this accommodation suits our lifestyle and the owner is now our good friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dawkins Manor provides visitors a "Home away from Home." Each suite has a fully operational kitchen, there is barbeque on pool deck as well as portable ones in store should several guest need to cook out at the same time. We pride ourselves in keeping our guest "SAFE" with modern Security devices, plenty of lights around the property, an electronic gate and a watch dog. Our state-of-the-art generator powers the entire property during power outages so our guests are never without electricity. Chauffeuring our guest on a rainy day or getting them to their appointments on time when taxis are not available or late or taking them to the airport is one of the owner's greatest pleasures; anything to keep her guest happy. Quiet, serene, peaceful, safe, hospitable and homely is Dawkins Manor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dawkin's Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dawkins Manor Paget
- Dawkins Manor Hotel Paget
- Dawkin's Manor Bermuda/Paget Parish