Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
Fourways Inn(Paget Parish)
$375
Orbitz.com
Elbow Beach, Bermuda(Paget Parish)
$338
$382
No availability for your dates from our partners
Dawkin's Manor(Paget Parish)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscoco reef resortthe busocean frontelbow beachbeautiful beachday passquiet hotelwicker furnituregrocery storegolf cartbeachfront roommini fridgethe general managerbit datedbeach chairs and umbrellasmodern martyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Just got back from a 4 night stay at Coco Reef with my husband and 2 children. We loved every minute of our stay at Coco Reef. Every single staff person we encountered was wonderful. The views from this property are stunning...you can see the turqoise water from the restaurant, the pool and your room. I've read some of the other reviews...and yes, the rooms aren't the fanciest around...and I don't think they claim to be...ours was fine...considering we just wind up bringing in sand and salt water to the room at the end of the day anyway. One of my favorite parts about this hotel is it never felt crowded...ever. I walked over to the property next door Elbow Beach-Mandarin Oriental which I believe is a bit pricier...and I didn't wish I was there...it was a very long walk from the beach to the hotel...I don't think you can see the ocean from the pool because of the trees and the beach was very crowded. We took the bus most of the time...and the bus stop is right at the end of the road...plus the market is right there to ...very convenient. Even the bus ride is enjoyable in Bermuda...it's so beautiful.

Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank beach444
Reviewed June 28, 2007

Just returned from a quick weekend at Coco Reef. We stayed in the 400 block of rooms and found our room clean and to our liking. The towels were soft and the bed was very comfortable. Leaving the slider open at night, you hear the waves crashing on the rocks...very peaceful! the beach was great! When tide was low, you could walk from one side to the other, otherwise sitting on the Elbow Beach side was perfect! There was indeed food/bar service on the beach and Niko the waiter, although not a Red Sox Nation member...YET, was friendly, helpful and funny. Taxi's were sometimes a wait, but the front desk did all they could to get one there...the town of Hamilton was fun and check out Calypso for some great deals. We ate at the Pickled Onion and our food was good, our waiter slow and unfriendly. The buffet breakfastat Coco Reef was good. You can always order fresh eggs from your waiter and that was very prompt. the fruit, yogurt, fresh muffins and french toast were all good. the scrambled eggs did not look good to me and the pancake tasted funny! The birds outside were NOT an issue...One night we returned late and the bartender was shutting down, but he stayed open for the 7 of us and we had our last round! Very accomodating! We didn't visit Elbow Beach, but others in our party did, and LOVED their food/restauarants, although portions were small. We will be back, but next time we might stay at The Reefs, we attended a wedding there and it was beautiful!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hot-Mama3
Reviewed June 2, 2007

Coco Reef has come a long way from the old Stonington days. We have stayed at some of the island's best; Cambridge, Pink Beach, The Reefs, etc., and CR really holds its own. This is a small hotel conveniently located and competitively priced. Everything looked like the website. We booked this hotel because we wanted in-your-face oceanfront, and that is what we got. The roar of the surf was wonderful. The biggest disappointment was the beach. Very small, rocky and impossible to safely enter the water unless one walks down to Elbow Beach where there is an access point. Not safe for children to play in the water unless they were small enough to be happy with tidal pools among the rocks. Lovely to look at, not good for swimming. Chairs and umbrellas were generally available, but early morning chair-squatters were out in force and unimpeded, but this has become a problem everywhere. There was a big wedding during our stay which took part of the resort out of use for the rest of us including the pool. Music was loud into the early evening, but the staff did shut them down before 10:00 which was appreciated. Still, I can see how guests might be inconvenienced by weddings given the size of this hotel. I would probably enquire about weddings when booking next time. The staff was among the friendlier we've seen in Bermuda. With the exception of one slightly surly waitress, we were well treated. Sweet housekeeper, good front staff. We did have one maintenance request which was met with a shrug at the front desk and never completed, but that's an island thing, I guess. We generally prefer high-end hotels but the charm and simplicity of CR was a delight. We would return again without hesitation. Kudos to the new managers. We hope they keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MizLiz
Reviewed May 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed here in May 2007. The service staff were incredibly nice and helpful. The accommodations while not luxe were comfortable and clean. It is excellently located to Hamilton. Coco Reef is intimate and idyllic. We will return here again soon.

2  Thank PCgolfgrl
Reviewed May 22, 2007

My boyfriend and I stay at the Coco Reef for 10 days in May 2007 and really enjoyed ourselves. The weather could have been better, only 5 out of 10 days really sunny, but that couldn't be helped. The hotel was great, ideal for us, and had a food market just along the road to stock up on supplies to fill the fridge that was provided in your room. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and the food and cocktails were great. We fell in love with Dark n' Stormy cocktails - their dark rum & ginger beer. Unfortunately there was a big storm half way through our stay which resulted in the beach disappearing to be replaced by rocks, but Elbow Beach is right next door so wasn't a problem for us. We had a great holiday in Bermuda and would definitely go back again, and would happily stay at Coco Reef again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple