We had a wonderful week at this hotel at the end of April beg May. Very tired and stressed out we needed a quick break to relax.
We have been worldwide and rarely had food to the quality of this hotel each night, anyone who didnt eat in has really missed a treat.
We were glad we had the half board option as the hotel is not easy walking distance to a variety of eating out places. ( We could almost say that on holiday we never go half board as we enjoy eating out in a different venue each evening usually )
The staff were all helpful and cheerful but most Bermudans are delightful people, always ready to help.
The rooms overlooking the ocean are superb with extensive sea views, our room had a small fridge and coffee maker, there is a short walk up a hill to the main hotel building from these ocean front rooms, but the hotel offers a 'golf cart' transport service to those less able or too idle to walk!!
The pool must be the warmest we have ever been in.
Coral reef just off shore, we watched parrot fish nibbling on the coral from the lawn of the hotel outside our room, (but there were jellyfish in the area so did not swim in the sea)
Public transport around the islands is easy - we usually hire a vehicle and do our own thing but we can highly recommend using the public bus service it is quick and easy to use all around the island. If you think you may need two buses to get to your destination just ask the driver for a transfer ticket and you get the next bus on your route without paying any extra fare. There is also a variety of ferries that we used also it makes for good fun using different transport.
The island is clean, well kept and we felt very safe all of the time. Plenty of good museums with maritime and British history of course for those who are interested.
The hotel is a short walk from the nearest bus stop. There is a small supermarket near to the hotel if it needed.
Sadly we found there was little happening on an evening during our stay despite being advised that the 'season' is April to October. However we made our own entertainment but did resort to playing Scrabble on an evening as there was nothing else to do in the hotel. We did our best to find something going on elsewhere on the islands but Taxi drivers, and tourist information centres all came up with little information on evening entertainment. We took a taxi into Hamilton one evening only to find it was as quiet as where we were staying so just came back - the taxi driver even rang round pals to find somewhere we could listen to some live music to no avail!
We would go back to Bermuda and to this hotel, it was superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serene Beachfront Hotel located on Bermuda's magnificent South Shore, just steps from the beautiful pink sand beach and only 10 minutes from Hamilton.Coco Reef "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coco Reef Resort Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Resort Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Coco Reef Hotel Bermuda
- Coco Reef Paget
- Coco Reef Bermuda
- Coco Reef Resort Bermuda Paget Parish