“Perfect for the traveler on the go!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coco Reef Resort Bermuda

Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Paget Parish
Midwest
“Perfect for the traveler on the go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I came here to celebrate my birthday in September 2012. The only thing I had on my agenda for my birthday was to wake up in a ocean side hotel room and stare at the sea. I chose Coco Reef Resort in Bermuda because it fit the bill and was within my budget.

I am one who likes to run around all morning, day, and night and explore places. My room is for relaxing at the end of the day, sleeping, showering, etc. I am a basic person who does not travel to places to sit in my room and watch tv and eat room service all day. If you can't do anything on your own and need constant overwhelming service, feel free to book a room at 2 to 3 times the rate next door at Elbow Beach Resort. They have a spa and an overpriced bar or something. If that's your thing, then don't bother staying at Coco Reef Resort.

So for me, this place was perfect. I got to wake up early and watch the sunrise (my profile picture is a sunset from the beach in front of my room - pretty good view from the east side of the island!) and listen to the ocean. When I arrived, I was taken down to my room in a cart by a very nice gentleman. He showed me around my room, asked if I had any questions, and went along his way. The front desk was extremely nice and quick with the check-in process as well.

My only slight complaint - booking the room was a bit of a pain, but once that went through everything else was fine.

I went for breakfast in the restaurant and it was pretty lacking - the price you pay is not worth it. Try seeking out other places/options, as there are several on the island. Speaking of, RENT A SCOOTER FROM ELBOW BEACH. It's pricey but 100% worth it and better than relying on the (reliable, clean, but shuts down in the early evening) bus/ferry service. Again, it's not cheap but if you want the full experience of Bermuda, you need to invest in this!

Overall this is clean, relaxing hotel. The beach in front is for sunbathing but I wouldn't swim in the ocean - I found it pretty rough at this part of the island. I wasn't there to swim but to enjoy the view. No worries, since you can easily hop on the bus (or your scooter, which you should again have) and cruise up the road to Horseshoe Bay.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: An oceanside room is a must!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Travelholicphile
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Greetings from Coco Reef Bermuda, and thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

We are all so happy that you really enjoyed your time with us, and delighted that you found that we were perfectly suited to your own personal needs.

We are fortunate in being located in an ideal setting, with a spectaular view of the ocean, but also close to all the other attractions Bermuda has to offer.

We hope that you return to visit us again one day soon.

Best regards,

Ken Watson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We just returned from a 10 day stay at Coco Reef for our anniversary. We were there during the off season so it was extremely quiet. Of course that also meant that the weather wasn't great. But not the hotel's fault! The hotel is reasonably priced for a beachfront (beautiful beachfront) hotel and is very well maintained with beautiful grounds. The staff were exceptionally nice and helpful. The young ladies at the front desk were particularly helpful with transportation, etc. The rooms were very nice and clean. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job of cleaning our room. The hotel is back away from the busy street so it is very quiet. It is a short walk to a grocery store to stock up on snacks and drinks. It is very convenient to the bus stops. The cab ride into Hamilton for dinners and shopping is relatively short and they have free greens fees at a nearby golf course. And, the food in the restaurant was excellent and the service was very good. But a little pricey and a small menu. Overall, a very good place to stay for a romantic vacation. Exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are the best.
1 Thank RikkilynCT
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and for sharing your experience with us.

We are all delighted that you chose Coco Reef Bermuda to celebrate your anniversary, and had such a wonderful time with us. I especially appreciate that you acknowledged that my staff was friendly and helpful, and they all said to say hello.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

With warm regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

5 day stay during the off season so the hotel was very quiet which was nice. Beautiful beach view from the room. Weather was not that conducive for water activity but my husband did have a swim in the crystal blue ocean and in the very warm, clean pool.
-the grounds are beautiful and well kept.
-near the bus stop so easy access to other locations on the island.
-short walk to local Modern Mart supermarket and there's a fridge in the room which is handy so you don't have to eat at the restaurant every meal.
-the restaurant is average but adequate and not any more expensive than restaurants in town and reflects the cost of food in general on the island (a dozen eggs:$4 and a loaf of basic white bread 6 bucks!-not sure how people afford to live here)
-the rooms are comfortable: bed comfortable. Bathroom not luxurious but clean and good for going to the bathroom and taking a shower ;-) We did have a minor ant infestation coming in from the balcony door which may bother some folks but the rooms are outside (as opposed to in a large highrise) so having a few critters come in from the wet grass after the rain isn't a crazy notion and doesn't reflect the cleanliness of the facility. (We also didn't complain about it so I don't know what the response would be) Iron and hairdryer in room.
-staff are friendly and ready to answer questions. We and our bags were shuttled by golf cart to our room and the guy didn't even linger for a tip that we were prepared to give. We were given an envelope with info about the island, places to go, maps, bus schedule etc.
-I guess many people noticed the art: carribean style portraits of women's faces with huge eyes and complexions of all unnatural colors. The one in our room was unnerving initially but you get used to it after a while. We had some good laughs about it. I guess it speaks to the artist that his/her work creates such a strong reaction and gets noticed! Whether you like it is another story...

I would stay here again but would come when it's warmer so we could take advantage of the beautiful, pristine beach and not just watch it from the bed (which wasn't bad either).

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank elisa135
Greetings from everyone at Coco Reef Bermuda.

The entire team here at Coco Reef joins with me to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and for your kind review of our resort.

I particularly appreciated the detail in your observations, and your honest opinion of your vacation in Bermuda and our resort.

I am so glad to hear that you really appreciated our location in a relaxed atmosphere, and that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous.

Thank you also for your excellent recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

With regards,

Horsham, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days. All rooms have an ocean view.
We were on the first floor and had an amazing view.
The room was comfortable and we enjoyed walking around the property.
We bought fruit and yogurt for breakfast at the nearby Modern Mart grocery store so did not dine at the hotel's restaurant.
There was a bus stop (10 minutes walk from the hotel) and we took the bus into Hamilton and St. Georges. It was very convenient to ride the public bus.
The staff was courteous.
This property had free Wi-fi but the connection was spotty in the room.
I recommend this hotel based on location and value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LaRa12
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, March 5, 2013

We are all so happy that you enjoyed your time with us on the beautiful island of Bermuda, and we hope that you return to visit us again one day soon.

Regards,

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Can't really say anything bad about Coco Reef. We were met with a friendly staff, and they were always friendly and helpful. We only ate one lunch and three breakfasts there and I can only rate them as adequate. I would have enjoyed them more if there was a little more variety. Rooms were great, along with fantastic ocean views. Beach area was very nice. We have stayed at several resorts in Bermuda and this has to be ranked as one of the top resorts we've stayed at and the prices are very reasonable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve W
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic review, it is really appreciated by all of us here at Coco Reef Bermuda.

We are all delighted that you had such a wonderful time here with us in our own little corner of Paradise on the beautiful island of Bermuda, and we hope that you return to visit us again one day.

With regards,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel has fabulous ocean views from all of its rooms and is located on a beautiful pinkish-white sand beach with the turquoise water that we had been dreaming of for a long time. We went in February (winter) and it was a little chilly to go swimming in the ocean, but the hotel has a heated outdoor swimming pool for guests to enjoy. The weather was perfect for walking, jogging, sightseeing, etc. When we went, we were lucky to enjoy the beach pretty much to ourselves or, at most, a few other people.

The rooms were decorated with local style and art work. The beds were very comfortable and there was space to enjoy an in-room breakfast on the balcony, or inside the room if it was rainy. The rooms have all of the essentials - coffee maker, fridge, hair dryer, iron, in-room safes, TV, etc. There is a grocery store located a short walk away (5-7 mins) where we bought our food for breakfast, although the hotel also has this available.

The hotel is located near the centre of the island (near Hamilton) and it is very easy to catch a bus across the street. The hotel staff were very helpful in arranging day passes and advising us on which routes to take to get to our destinations. We really enjoyed the bus and found this a nice way to tour the beautiful island.

The restaurant was also excellent in terms of service, food and ambience.

We had a wonderful vacation and would definitely recommend staying at this hotel - it helped make our trip a memory of a lifetime.

3 Thank Julia E
Greetings from Coco Reef Bermuda.

The entire team at Coco Reef Bermuda joins with me to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and your kind review of our resort. We are delighted that you you really enjoyed your time with us.

I particularly appreciated the detail in your comments, and your honest genuine opinion of our resort. I am so glad to hear that you really appreciated our location in a relaxed, romantic atmosphere, and that you found our staff to be pleasant and courteous.

With kind regards,

Ken Watson,
General Manager.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I spent five days in mid February at Coco Reefs. From minute-one when we met smilling Steve, the jack of all trades: then Ken the affable general manager: then Vladimir the obliging front desk man (and everyone else) we were charmed by their genuine care and willingness to help.

Our room was in excellent shape, everthing worked; and most importantly it provided a stunning view and sound of the ocean breaking onto a perfect crescent beach with almost pristine coral reefs just off shore. Even though it was February (water temp 67 F) I was happy snorkelling with my 3 mil wetsuit and the fish and coral were fantastic.

The dining room is elegant with a fabulous view through giant windows and the food and the service were worth the price. Being fussy eaters the kitchen and wait staff catered to our every need..much appreciated.

The location on the island was perfect. Being centrally located in Paget, we walked to Hamilton (one hour), to the Fairmont Southhampton (2 hours) along the amazing and quiet railway trail. Other days we took buses and ferries (never more than a one hour ride) and traversed the island.

The nearby Modern Mart ( a ten minute walk ) had great selection of wines, groceries and hot food that we took back and enjoyed in our room. Our room came with a fridge but a microwave would have helped. We even ordered a decent pizza from four stars pizza that came quick and hot and was pretty good.

All and all a great place, with great people, great location, clean comfortable rooms. We will be going back for sure.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a second floor room with a sliding door onto a balcony with a great view.
3 Thank Steve S
Greetings from all your new friends at Coco Reef Bermuda.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us, it is most appreciated.

I especially appreciate that you acknowledged that my team was friendly and helpful, and "My right Hand Man" Steve said to say hello.
It was our pleasure having you as a guest of Coco Reef Bermuda. We are thrilled you had a wonderful time and also had the opportunity to enjoy all that Bermuda has to offer.

With warm regards,

Elbow Beach, Bermuda
Elbow Beach, Bermuda
#2 of 6 in Paget Parish
4.0 of 5 stars 839 reviews

Been to Coco Reef Resort Bermuda? Share your experiences!