I came here to celebrate my birthday in September 2012. The only thing I had on my agenda for my birthday was to wake up in a ocean side hotel room and stare at the sea. I chose Coco Reef Resort in Bermuda because it fit the bill and was within my budget.
I am one who likes to run around all morning, day, and night and explore places. My room is for relaxing at the end of the day, sleeping, showering, etc. I am a basic person who does not travel to places to sit in my room and watch tv and eat room service all day. If you can't do anything on your own and need constant overwhelming service, feel free to book a room at 2 to 3 times the rate next door at Elbow Beach Resort. They have a spa and an overpriced bar or something. If that's your thing, then don't bother staying at Coco Reef Resort.
So for me, this place was perfect. I got to wake up early and watch the sunrise (my profile picture is a sunset from the beach in front of my room - pretty good view from the east side of the island!) and listen to the ocean. When I arrived, I was taken down to my room in a cart by a very nice gentleman. He showed me around my room, asked if I had any questions, and went along his way. The front desk was extremely nice and quick with the check-in process as well.
My only slight complaint - booking the room was a bit of a pain, but once that went through everything else was fine.
I went for breakfast in the restaurant and it was pretty lacking - the price you pay is not worth it. Try seeking out other places/options, as there are several on the island. Speaking of, RENT A SCOOTER FROM ELBOW BEACH. It's pricey but 100% worth it and better than relying on the (reliable, clean, but shuts down in the early evening) bus/ferry service. Again, it's not cheap but if you want the full experience of Bermuda, you need to invest in this!
Overall this is clean, relaxing hotel. The beach in front is for sunbathing but I wouldn't swim in the ocean - I found it pretty rough at this part of the island. I wasn't there to swim but to enjoy the view. No worries, since you can easily hop on the bus (or your scooter, which you should again have) and cruise up the road to Horseshoe Bay.
Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serene Beachfront Hotel located on Bermuda's magnificent South Shore, just steps from the beautiful pink sand beach and only 10 minutes from Hamilton.Coco Reef "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Coco Reef Resort Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Resort Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Coco Reef Hotel Bermuda
- Coco Reef Paget
- Coco Reef Bermuda
- Coco Reef Resort Bermuda Paget Parish