“Perfect Hotel, Perfect Location”

Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Paget Parish
United States
“Perfect Hotel, Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel 12/12 - 12/16. This is a great hotel. The location cannot be beat. I was impressed upon my arrival. The gentleman at the front desk walked me to my room. He gave me a towel to use at the pool and told me where the local grocery store was located. It is this extra service which really makes a hotel great. Speaking of great service the manager of the hotel, Ken, definitely cares whether or not a guest is enjoying his/her stay. The first night I was there I was walking around the lobby looking at the different art work. He immediately walked up to me and asked me if I needed any assistance. I told him after looking at the art work I was going to have some dinner. He personally walked me down to the restaurant and and found a table for me. You don't find that kind of service anymore. It was appreciated.

The room was very comfortable and the view couldn't be beat. I could lay on the bed and look right out at the ocean. The bed itself was very comfortable. The housekeeping service was great. I left a tip for the housekeeper and she left me a very nice thank you note. Like I said, the service is everything at this hotel. One day I forgot and left the do not disturb sign on the door. When I got back at 4 p.m. I realized this. I called down to the front desk and they quickly came and cleaned my room. This was very nice considering how late in the day it was.

The grounds of the hotel are wonderful. They are well maintained. There are a lot of hibiscus and other plants in addition to coconut palms. The views are incredible. Out of all the photos that my friends liked of my trip, the majority were of the grounds of the hotel. I could go on and on.....

This was my first trip to Bermuda and I will return again soon. I will definitely stay at this hotel. I highly recommend it. I stayed in room 416. I highly recommend it! I was very sad to leave the hotel and Bermuda itself.

Bermuda, the island

This is truly an incredible place. I have been to a lot of islands but none can compare to the beauty of Bermuda. The people, scenery, etc. I highly recommend renting a scooter! I was able to see so much in the five days that I was there. But be careful especially if you are not used to driving on the left hand side of the road. You have to pay attention the whole time. But it was so worth it!

Room Tip: Room 416 has a wonderful view. But they all have a great view. I just like this one because I stay...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Europabound
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Greetings from everyone at Coco Reef Bermuda.

On behalf of the entire team at Coco Reef Bermuda, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you personally for taking the time to post your comments, and for your kind review of our resort.

Thank you also for recognizing and mentioning our service and team at Coco Reef, we believe our staff are truly one of our greatest assets and appreciate that you highlighted our Bermudian hospitality.

I would also like to thank you for your excellent recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back to “Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort”.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments.

With warm regards from all of us,

Ken Watson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Unfortunately Bermuda doesn't have any reasonable priced good hotels such as comfort suites or holiday inn etc. This comes close with the added benefit of a great beach rIght on the property . Room are ok but tired as is the rest of the hotel could do with a major renovation but then you are not going to get a room for sub 200$ a night which is impossible to find in Bermuda. So if you are looking for a budget stay its fine

• Stayed December 2012
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and the opportunity to address your concerns.

While there are elements of our resort you enjoyed and appreciated, especially the value for money, we are disappointed that your overall experience wasn’t entirely to your satisfaction.

I wish to reassure you that we strive to delight each and every guest, and we are currently taking advantage of the slow season by giving the entire resort a "facelift" and addressing all the problems we encountered after having 2 hurricanes pass by our doorstep within a month of each other.

We hope you return to visit us at "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort" on the wonderful island of Bermuda again one day.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Fantastic stay in fabulous resort on beautiful island of Bermuda. Excellent staff & service & was extremely grateful for late check out- thanks Ken! The bus stops right outside on main road & reasonable prices & service. We will be back hopefully one day really soon
Bermuda is not cheap but the friendliness of people & the tranquil peace & quaint surroundings far out weighs cost considerations

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Seanjames007
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Greetings from everyone here at Coco Reef Bermuda and thank you so much for your "Fantastic" comments. We are all most grateful.

It was our pleasure having you as a guest of Coco Reef Bermuda, and we are thrilled you had a wonderful holiday and you had the opportunity to enjoy all that we have to offer.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort.

With regards,

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel at first glance does not necessarily grab your attention as a "sought after destination". But then you walk the grounds and find you can lounge on the lawn, on the beach, on a hill, or even a cliff. The sounds of the ocean permeate the entire grounds, and a view of the ocean is afforded to the guest in every public venue on the property. Additionally, the location is central, and the opposite ends of the island can be reached within an hour by bus. The bus route goes past the hotel, and is simply a short walk from the the front door of the hotel down to the bus stop. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was good. The prices for the food and spirits were a bit pricey. The guest may not necessarily want to schedule every meal at the hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor, ocean front-absolutely!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank vannie0525
Ken W, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we are all so grateful for your kind comments.

We have had many other guests who have visited us also express the same views, that they are "presently surprised" and find Coco Reef to be utterly charming. This may be one of the reasons we have so many of our good friends returning to visit us year after year.

We hope that you also return to visit us again one day at "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort".

Regards.

New Hyde Park, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Gorgeous grounds...beautiful, comfortable, clean room with amazing ocean view. Restaurant is fantastic altho menu did not change with the exception of a special Thanksgiving selection. Beach is beautiful even tho they lost a lot of beachfront with the storm. Friendly and helpful staff. Market and bus is a short walk from hotel. Taxis readily available. Bermuda is expensive but beautiful. Weather was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa B
cocoreef, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Greetings from Coco Reef Bermuda.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and we are all delighted that you found your time with us to be "Relaxing and Quiet".

We strive to offer a stress free vacation to all our guests, and we are always pleased when people really appreciate us for what we are all about. Peace & Relaxation.

We hope that you return to visit us again in our own corner of Paradise.

Ken Watson,
Coco Reef - "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort".
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Easy to get to, VERY friendly and helpful staff. Beach was phenomenal, I kicked myself for deciding to leave the snorkel gear at home, the beach right in front of the resort was perfect. Watch out for lots of broken glass on Elbow beach. This isn't Coco's problem, of course, but we saw lots of washed up bits on the sand. The A/C unit in our room was a bit noisy, and had a strange cycle of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off all night long. Too bad we didn't have a screen on the sliding glass door, we could have just slept with that open all night. That's the only reason I'm giving it 4 out of 5 stars. We would love to come back again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twinsfan14
cocoreef, General Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Greetings from Bermuda.

The entire team at Coco Reef Bermuda joins with me to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and for your kind review of our resort.

We are dlighted that you appreciated the simplicity of Coco Reef, which is the reason why most of our guests return to us year after year.

I sincerely apologize for the issues you had in your room with the A/C unit, I assure you that we have met with the maintenance company and we are working on implementing a new system to ensure that the experience of all our guests is a memorable one.

The sea glass you discovered on the beach are all crafted naturally by the sea from man-made glass. Their origins are most often glasses like bottles, jars and pottery that were discarded and tossed into the sea. They could have been thrown from the boats or even from the shore, but nature is an expert creating good from the bad.

Under the wave actions, these glass pieces go through continuous tumbling and friction for years. The glasses are dragged through the sand, underwater rocks and sea shells. As a result of this they are broken up in small pieces, get worn, edges get naturally smoothened and the bodies get polished until they look like natural gems.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back Bermuda’s Best Beach Resort.

With regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotel was well appointed but deserted, as indeed was the whole island which was also very expensive.

Although the food was good it was disappointing that the menu, with the exception of a Thanksgiving Special, didn't change for ten days.

Actually left two days early and will not be returning. However, look forward to revisiting the sister hotel, Coco Reef in Tobago.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CarolynGurney
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and taking the opportunity to address your concerns. While there are elements of our resort you enjoyed and appreciated, we are disappointed that your overall experience wasn’t to your satisfaction.

I wish to reassure you that we strive to delight each and every guest, and we take all negative comments very seriously. We try to offer seasonal menus, which we do change often, so that we can incorporate the many fresh products that are available to us. We are sorry that we were not able to satisfy you personally on this occasion.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back some day, to allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in Coco Reef Bermuda.

Yours.

Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,040 reviews

Been to Coco Reef Resort Bermuda? Share your experiences!