“Beautiful beach-- and empty in November, despite lovely weather”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elbow Beach

Elbow Beach
Book In Advance
$54.71*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Three hotels line this beach, making it popular with tourists; you might want to avoid this place if you're not into the Spring Break college kid party scene, which tends to crowd the beach during the Easter season.
New York City, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach-- and empty in November, despite lovely weather”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Not sure I'd describe the sand as pink, but other than that, wow. Beautiful beach, and no crowds.

Visited November 2011

Mineola, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good with Great Scenery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

Excellent Dinner with a good view of the ocean. Food is not cheap on the island. Breakfast in room excellent quality but not "American style portions"

Visited November 2011
bermuda
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Lovely Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

this is a beautiful beach, never too crowded as its hudge and the water is beautiful. Usually some wind surfers there t watch but they stay out of your way totally. Only place for food is open only seasonally its Mickey's on the beach but its really pricey and more than beach food but you can go there right off the beach in you swimsuit.

Visited October 2011
Ottawa, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great beach for quieter families.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

A great beach for quieter families who want to enjoy the serf, and some amenities with the family away on vacation. Recommended.

Visited November 2010
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great beach getaway without the crowds of Horseshoe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

My family traveled by cruise to Bermuda in late August (the week of Hurricane Irene). We spent three days in Bermuda and went to three different beaches: Elbow, Horseshoe and Church. If you have very young kids, go to Horseshoe because they have a little cove area for the wee ones. And if you are looking for crowds (think holiday weekends at the Jersey Shore), again go to Horseshoe. And if you like fighting bus crowds for rides home, again, visit Horseshoe. But if you want your own space and not share your vacation with thousands of others, this was the beach to go to.

The walk from the bus stop was about 1/2 a mile down a hill (and up the hill on the way back) so this is not for those with walking troubles. I went with my wife and two sons, 15 and 10-1/2. We are not the most physically athletic and the walk was fine for us. BTW, our cruise's excursion group said something about huge broken staircase where you have to climb and jump - absolute BS if you hear that.

The "public" beach was between two seemingly fancy hotels (no clue what the names were). Facing the beach, I went to the hotel to the left, which had a bar, and was able to order drinks for my family. We even used the rest rooms and changing rooms there. Horseshoe has a large public changing room and snack stand, which is quite convenient - for this you have to walk a little on the beach to use someone else's facilities which might make some uncomfortable but we had no problems.

The water at all the beaches in Bermuda was incredible. We liked having all the space to ourselves. And we also like to snorkel - took a catamaran trip out to a reef which was our highlight - but my kids don't do as well at it. There were a few reefs that we were able to swim out to and the kids did a much better job snorkeling here and we really got to see nice fish. It'll be a bit hard for 6/7 year olds, but my 10 could do it (but he is a good swimmer).

We went to this beach twice. Because of the passing storm, the waves at all the beaches were pretty strong but my kids, my wife and I love to body surf and get knocked down by the waves so it was fun for us. Incredible sand all around for playing and building in too. Easily my favorite beach.

Also, the bus ride is a LOT easier from here than Horseshoe, even though it was a longer ride from the dockyard. Why? Because buses headed back to the dockyard are often crowded by the time they get back to Horseshoe or fill up quickly there. And not too many people ride to Hamilton and take the ferry back which I have to tell you was much nicer.

PS - Some of the reviews here are specific to the resorts on the beach. I am writing about the beach that anyone could publicly access, not the resorts.

Visited August 2011