This is billed as the best hotel in Bermuda on websites and in brochures.
It was a very disappointing experience particularly as the website heavily references the Mandarin Oriental, yet strangely enough there is no evidence of this when you are at the hotel.
I booked a junior suite having done my research thoroughly, when we arrived we were shown an extremely tired, drab and very outdated very large room with a disgrace of a bathroom - no stretch of the imagination would call this a suite. I phoned reception stating I had not booked this room and it was nothing like the one I had viewed when I booked - I was given a complete fob off. Some of the hotel rooms had been renovated but this category had not. Considering we had booked 16 nights I was less than impressed, the hotel was not fully booked by any means and I feel my displeasure was not dealt with in any sense of pleasing the guest.
Staff at front of house did their job but it did rather seem like they were not entirely hospitable in their approach to quests.
However, the staff in the bars and restaurants were a delight, personable, friendly and wanted to ensure you had a good experience. Also housekeeping were great
The location of the hotel is superb and the view from our room (and all rooms) was breathaking. The main hotel restaurant is desprately in need of a huge makeover as is the restaurant overlooking the beach. The beach restaurant was very good both lunch and dinner were consistently good.
I have included some photos of the bathroom which quite frankly should have been condemned if it is trading as a 5*.
I would stay here again as the location is spectacular but at the moment it is extremely expensive considering its many shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is Bermuda's only luxury beachfront resort. Lanai-style patios are featured with each of our 98 guestrooms and suites, spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to the longest private pink sand beach on the island. Each of our elegantly appointed rooms and suites have been enhanced with modern in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda