“A Nice Stay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Paget Parish
Chicago
“A Nice Stay”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We enjoyed a five night stay at Elbow Beach Hotel at the end of July. The staff was terrific. Our room was very clean, we enjoyed the turndown service each day as well. The management sent us a beautiful fruit basket (perhaps they do that for every visitor?) that we enjoyed thoughout the visit. The pool was great and the restaurants were very nice as well. It sounds crazy, but we had the best bacon cheeseburgers from room service that we have ever tasted! The rum swizzles delivered on a tray while you are checking in was a nice welcome. The reason I gave it four stars is that we are not used to paying $800 a night for a room but we quickly found out that that is is the more or less the norm in Bermuda. We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: An ocean view room would be nice. We had a garden view room with a small road/path in front of it a...
Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ILgirl23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I haven't been here in a while but this is the only place I would stay in or around Paget. The breakfast in the morning, phenomenal. The meals at any time of the day are great. It has it's own private beach and it is quite secluded with a beautiful view of the stars.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just came back from a long (3 day) weekend at Elbow Beach. The rooms and property are very nice and clean. The restaurants were all very good. The beach is the main attraction and it was worth the price to stay here. It is a quick walk from your room and is beautiful. The one dissapointment (which I read in earlier reviews) was the service on the beach. In our minds we are staying at a top resort. The beach service falls well below what you would expect. Beach staff was not friendly or helpful at all. Not sure who runs the services at the beach but they should review who works there and the attitude they have towards the guests. I am sure some people have a different experience but there are enough reviews here, including my own that says different. When staying at place that is so nice and expensive this should not be an issue. Would we go back- yes. As I said the guestrooms, beach and restaurants make this a great place however, don't be surprised regarding the beach service. Hopefully, management takes action as this seems like a small issue to rectify.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are a good choice for couples.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Good T
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just back from a truly amazing week on the island and our first stay at Elbow Beach. We have been to the island many times but never had stayed at Elbow Beach. Now we are huge fans and it is our new 'go to' place. Everything there was just perfect. The service, which began with a nice note prior to our arrival offering assistance with spa reservations and kids club activities, was warm and friendly throughout our stay. Our room attendant Lois was great and did a nice job keeping our room in order as we were in and out with visits to the beach and pool. The beach is amazing and the best on the island in our opinion. The resort has a great beach front with plenty of beach chairs, umbrellas, bath and changing rooms and offers services with snorkeling equipment, kayaks, beach toys and friendly staff. The beautiful blue waters and pink sandy beach are fabulous and we just hung out on the beach for hours at a time...then headed up the hill and enjoyed the hotel pool overlooking the South Shore. Great pool bar up there too. We also enjoyed the resort's restaurants with dinners at Mickey's, happy hour at Sea Breeze and breakfast in Lido, so there is a nice variety of to the food and beverage offering, all right on the beach. Service and food quality was great throughout our stay and it was nice to have a wide variety of things all right there at the hotel. Getting in town was quick and easy in a cab (about $15 fare). The kids (ages 7 and 9) enjoyed the kids club one day and did an evening program as well (pizza, movies) and the staff there (Karla and Kaila) were great with the kids and the evening program allowed us to get a night on our own at Mickey's which was wonderful! Our accommodations were comfortable (the bed and sofa bed were awesome). They even have mini refrigerators with complimentary sodas and juices and of course, Dark and Stormies upon arrival to your room.
All around a great trip back to Bermuda. So happy we stayed at Elbow Beach. Highly recommend it for couples or families traveling to the island. The perfect place to stay on a truly beautiful island. Highly recommend a visit!

Room Tip: We loved our room...one bedroom suite was perfect for the family. The kids slept in the living room...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank JSCB2000
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I must admit, I was a little nervous before my recent stay based on the most reviews on Trip Advisor. I contacted the hotel prior to my trip to address some of what I was hearing. I think this is the beauty of Trip Advisor. I was contacted by the hotel 3 times to address my concerns. They could not have been nicer! So, on to the hotel review. The beach is absolutely beautiful, and the restaurant complex is conveniently located right by the beach. The restaurants all all perfectly fine, if not a bit pricey. I think you expect to pay more on vacation so I am not going to complain about the price of food here. Indeed the main hotel is closed, but the lobby is beautiful ala Ritz Carlton type feel. The welcome team is wonderful. The rum swizzle drink is just perfect. My specific cottage was very centrally located to the beach and the restaurants, but I did ask for this in advance based on the feedback on Trip Advisor. The property is large, but the bigger issue, is the hill. I am in relatively good shape so not a huge problem for me. If you want to spend more time at the spa and pool, ask to stay at a cottage closer to this area. If you want beach proximity, ask to stay closer to the beach. The team is very accomodating. They have golf carts for getting around the property - you just need to contact the bell desk. I understand they will be adding more services like a bar at the main hotel shortly. The Spa was great, and I had a wonderfu l massage. The fitness center is small but not out of the range of normal. I was the only one in the gym on my visits. No real floor area to stretch but your standard fare machines are available. No real complaints here but certainly an area that could improve. All in all, it was a great vacation, and I would definitely go back to this hotel! Thank you for wonderful, relaxing trip!

Room Tip: If you want the beach, ask for rooms closest to the beack. If you want the pool and tennis courts, a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank dstar801
Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I just returned from celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary at Elbow Beach in Bermuda, which also happened to be where we spent our honeymoon those many years ago. I am happy to report that Elbow Beach, under the stewardship of Mr. Ed Burns, is as luxurious and charming as ever and the Bermudian staff could not have been more delightful, helpful and gracious. From the moment we arrived on property we were treated to a first class experience both in service and amenities It begins with George, the property "greeter" and his ever present smile and sunny disposition welcoming you to Elbow Beach and making sure your bags are taken care of. Once inside Danny is quickly at hand with Rum Swizzles to get you into the island mood and make the check-in process that much more enjoyable. Winston at the font desk was a font of information on the property and all it has to offer and got us on our way to our room in a jiffy. Webster then took over bringing us to our room and he could not have been more charming and helpful. Every time we encountered Webster during our stay it was a joy to spend time with him, he is a true credit to Elbow Beach and to Bermuda in general. Dia at the concierge desk took great care of us making dinner and transportation arrangements for us around the island with ease, in such a pleasant and personable fashion. Our first on-island meal was at Lido the restaurant on property and it was in the end the best meal we had on the trip. The view is unrivaled as it sits literally on the beach with the ocean just a few feet away. The service was spectacular with Francesco at the lead taking great care to make sure all your needs are attended to. At the top of the Elbow Beach chain sits Ed Burns, though he is hardly an ivory tower leader. Ed is at ease with all the guests and is as approachable as can be. He could not have been more hospitable. My wife and I could not have had a better time and we are truly thankful to Ed and all the staff at Elbow Beach. And a final word on the Bermudians as whole. They are the most charming of people, warm, friendly, proud of their island and knowledgeable of its history. It is hard to believe that Bermuda is only 90 mins from NY. We are already planning our return trip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Simon L
Long Island NY
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We wanted to give Elbow Beach a try. We have stayed at Tucker's Point and Newstead Belmont Hills. All properties are different and we enjoyed staying at them all.

When we first arrived we were greeted by Winton who is definitely the first person you want to see in the hotel. He welcomed us, made us feel like we were at home right away. Great personality.

We stayed in one of the garden view rooms. It was recently updated. loved how the openness of the bath area was but also if you wanted privacy, you could just move the shutters.

Even though this is a huge property, I felt like we were the only ones there. If you really don't want to leave the resort, you don't have to. (Although you need to see all the beauty in Bermuda.) The beach is right there, where other places you have to take a shuttle and wait for a shuttle back. Here you are a short walk from one of the most beautiful beaches.

Their restaurants are a short walk from the room. Yes, there is walking involved but we were told when we first checked in, if we needed a shuttle, to give them a call and they would pick us up. But we wanted exercise to burn off some calories. Taxis will even get you as close to the room as possible.

If you go to the pool, make sure Kyle makes you his rum swizzle. We had many, so I can say we are experts in that matter. :)

We ate at the Sea Breeze which is their tapas and sushi bar. We ate there twice. The food was fantastic and we managed to get Mirka both times. She was awesome. We ordered food at different times. It does come out fast, so if you want to stay a while order just a few things at a time. The ribs just fell off the bone. They use a dry rub so your fingers aren't a complete mess. And we will now be putting limes on our edamame. Who would have thought??? My husband loved the coconut flan, he had to get that both nights. we kept seeing the chocolate fondue come out and I would have loved to get that but for just the 2 of us, it would have been wasteful. But maybe next time....

We ate at Mickey's and you can't put a price on the view. Food was delicious. Waitstaff was very attentive. I had the pappardelle with shorts ribs. YUM. My husband got the lamb chops and he knows his lamb chops... He enjoyed them. We shared the beet and goat cheese salad which was delicious.

The market is just a short walk. We picked up some provisions because we like to sit out on the patio and just relax. The fridge in the room held a lot of stuff for us.

We love Bermuda. We go at least once to twice a year. We were already talking this morning about going back and it will definitely be at Elbow Beach. Also, thank you to Ed Burns for taking the time to really talk to us. It was a pleasure meeting you.

See you soon Elbow Beach. n

#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
The Reefs
The Reefs
#2 of 3 in Southampton Parish

Been to Elbow Beach, Bermuda? Share your experiences!