We were booked in for 8 nights. On arrival from the BA flight and taxi, The room was ready, check in was fine and we were soon in our room with luggage & shortly after in Mickeys Bistro which was very good. Food & staff were excellent. We were on an American breakfast & dinner plan which was generous for the bistro but not the Lido. We ate in the bistro for 7 nights and most evenings we had a surplus $50 credit . We found out that this credit was not to be carried over, nor spent on wine or lunches which is not acceptable to us, but we got nowhere on complaining.
The beach area was very good, as good as you could want for a beach holiday. The pool area was mostly deserted, which is strange considering it was an excellent pool and 1 member of staff too attend for food etc. The main building was empty except frt check in & concierge, the rest was not being used.
The Lido restaurant was good quality food but the dress code was not adhered too. We had made the effort to wear collared shirt & jacket only to be sitting next to a group in T shirts, shorts & sport shoes plus there was a noisy young baby present. If they wish to maintain this restaurant for what it should be then standards must be maintained
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is Bermuda's only luxury beachfront resort. Lanai-style patios are featured with each of our 98 guestrooms and suites, spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to the longest private pink sand beach on the island. Each of our elegantly appointed rooms and suites have been enhanced with modern in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelClick, getaroom.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda