We had never stayed in a Mandarin Oriental hotel before so we were really looking forward to our stay at the Elbow Beach Resort. We stayed there for a family wedding.
The room was very nice. It was spacious and had nice amenities. Our room was a "garden view" so it had no view of the ocean. The rooms are in low-lying bungalows stretched out on a hillside throughout the property. Be prepared to walk a lot. That wasn't a problem except for when we were dressing up for functions associated with the wedding and had to negotiate the steep hill and many steps in dressy shoes.
The staff was very pleasant throughout our stay. The grounds are just so-so. They definitely didn't have the "Wow" factor.
Overall, it's a very nice hotel but I'm not convinced that it's worth the price. Several wedding guests stayed at the hotel next door where every room had a view of the ocean and the rate was much lower than what Elbow Beach charged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is Bermuda's only luxury beachfront resort. Lanai-style patios are featured with each of our 98 guestrooms and suites, spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to the longest private pink sand beach on the island. Each of our elegantly appointed rooms and suites have been enhanced with modern in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda