Elbow Beach might be the most beautiful beach in the world (certainly in the top ranks!)--soft pink sand that never gets hot on your feet, magnificent blue water with soft rolling waves and moderate temperature, no shells, stones or seaweed, couldn't be better! But the Elbow Beach Hotel, which has recently been purchased by Mandarin Oriental, seems to have fallen on hard times and does not live up to the luxury of either the Elbow Beach or Mandarin Oriental names. The entire main building (a classic of luxury for over 100 years) is closed and might be torn down. Rooms are all in smaller cottages scattered along the hillside above the beach. Staff are pleasant and helpful, and you can phone for a shuttle at any time to drive you down the hill (to beach and restaurants) or up the hill (to the main building to catch a cab). Beware that it is a long hike on a combination of roads, paths , and steps, down to the beach, and some of the shuttles are vans while others are just open golf carts (so we noticed many couples with babies having difficulty manipulating large strollers and bags of baby paraphernalia back and forth in the shuttles or over the pathways with steps--definitely not wheelchair accessible as far as I could see). The hotel has two restaurants, both at the beach, with lovely views and OK food, nothing bad but also not spectacular. The town of Hamilton is also not what it used to be--mediocre shopping at VERY high prices. I might go back someday, for the beach, but would definitely wait until this hotel is updated. P.S.: There is a spa that definitely needs updating--no pedicure chairs (I sat on a small club chair with the pedicurist kneeling at my feet, which was uncomfortable for both of us)--definitely not the luxury I expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is Bermuda's only luxury beachfront resort. Lanai-style patios are featured with each of our 98 guestrooms and suites, spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to the longest private pink sand beach on the island. Each of our elegantly appointed rooms and suites have been enhanced with modern in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda