“BEST RESORT IN BERMUDA!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paget Parish
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I had a somewhat lengthy stay at this marvelous resort and were vastly impressed! From the friendly smiles and warm attitudes of all staff members to the excellent food, this was a lifetime trip to remember. Everyone working at this marvelous hotel were extremely curteous, accomodating and gave exceptional service. After a short time, "everyone knew your name". It was beyond the expectation of reasonable service, actually. Now let's talk the water and the beach. We're from San Diego and we're pretty happy with the beaches of SOCAL, but it doesn't even compare to the quality of water color, beautiful sand and overall festive spirit. Amazingly, the sand doesn't even burn your feet, due to it's volume of pinkish coral that is the largest component. No matter how hot the day was, the sand stayed cool....

Another great surprise was that they accept pets and this was a very important part of our stay. They were very gracious with allowing this and catered to our needs with respect to our pets.

If you want a romantic getaway or just a very relaxing time away from the normal everyday complexities of life.....go to Elbow Beach Mandarin Oriental

Okay, gotta go work out. Ate too much delicious food

Steve and Tiziana

Room Tip: Rooms without the views are just as good as those with one....the staff is very respectful of your p...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steven S
sdier, Public Relations Manager at Elbow Beach, Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Steven S,

Thank you so much for all your kind words about your stay at Elbow Beach!

Our colleagues are always thrilled to hear that they've had such a wonderful impact on our guests experience, so thank you for the feedback. We were also pleased to hear that your pets had a wonderful time with us thanks to our "Luxury Pet Policy".

We are very spoiled by the pristine, natural beauty of our beaches and ocean, and we're so pleased you were here to experience them. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I returned this afternoon from a 3 night stay at Elbow Beach. I had read every single review before we left -- although my husband thought I was crazy -- so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. We had recently stayed at the Manderin in Boston and I knew from reviews not to expect that level of service or luxury. I have never taken the time to write a hotel review, but after such an AMAZING weekend I felt compelled to share.

Every single person we encountered was helpful, polite and went out of their way to help us. Every single meal we ate was delicious. Our room (601 Oleander) was a very nice, clean room with a large balcony and a lovely, large bathroom. The beach was amazing. I am typically a pool person and we literally did not spend one minute at the pool because the beach was so pretty and relaxing. We did not leave the resort once during our 4 day stay.

The gym was small, with a few cardio machines and some free weights, but my husband and I were the only people there each morning so getting a machine was not an issue.

I read the reviews complaining about the main hotel being closed, but honestly I see that as a plus. Since the hotel was only utilizing the cottages the place was so quiet and peaceful. We walked the property one morning and literally never saw another person.

I would highly recommend Elbow Beach and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank amy c
sdier, Public Relations Manager at Elbow Beach, Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear amy c,

We're so glad you were compelled to share!

Thank you so much for your kind words about our colleagues. They pride themselves on true Bermudian hospitality and I'm so glad you got to experience it. I can't say I blame you re: spending all your time on our beach. I'm a pool person too, but our beachfront is so stunning I would have done the same thing. It will always be there waiting for you to return.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room are spacious, clean and well appointed with comfotable beds and quite private, we didn't see or hear anyone else in our little block of 6 rooms.
Beach is clean with plenty of beds and shades, beach attendants are efficient and freindly. All the restaurants are beachside so lunch was a leisurly stroll from the sunbed.
The main hotel accomodation is closed so the lobby, louges and other areas in the main building are quiet, making it a nice place to go for some peace and to cool off.
The main pool has plenty of space with plenty of beds and a big deep pool. another poolside restaurant is a nice lunch venue, the staff at the pool too are polite and attentive.
We ate at two of the restaurants, Mickys great for lunch and dinner, tapas or sushi at Sea Breeze nice food outside and breakfast in the morning although the breakfast room could get really hot with no fans or a/c, like eating in a greenhouse and they wont serve outside, bad point!
All in all its a lovely place, bits are a little dated and tired but the rooms are excellent and the service is top notch.

Room Tip: The rooms with the open style bathrooms are very spacious and extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Keith S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay at Elbow Beach!

We're so pleased that you found your room to be spacious and well appointed. Thank you for your kind words about our beach and poolside amenities and colleagues. We're so glad you were able to enjoy so many of our resort's facilities during your stay.

Your note about the temperature in the Sea Breeze Gazebo where breakfast is served is being taken very seriously by our management team. We are now researching solutions to make the temperature in this area more comfortable.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Elbow Beach soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have stayed at Elbow Beach several times now, and each visit surpasses the last. I should say that I am not familiar with other Mandarin Oriental hotels - and it would seem from many reviews that if people are disappointed with Elbow Beach, it is because they are using a Mandarin Oriental benchmark. I concede my naivety on that point.

That said, I never fail to spend my entire time at Elbow Beach, completely happy and relaxed - which is what I want from a holiday!! This Hotel is much. much more than a "place to stay" in my mind. The staff are an absolute joy - and have a very British sense of humour!

The beach cannot be beaten. I have been to resorts in the Carribean; the Indian Ocean and the South Pacific, and Elbow Beach beats them all by a mile. The sand and the clear blue water just makes me dread the day I have to fly home!

As a video from Elbow Beach itself concedes, this is not a Hotel that runs with "Swiss precision", but THAT is it's charm! The Bermudian smile can make up for any minor mistake!

I have stayed in the Bougainvillea rooms, which are lovely, but with growing teenage sons, having been upgraded when I extended my stay last year to Sea Grape - the Suites are just amazing! They are not cheap, but maybe as I from London (which is ferociously expensive), to have a view of the sea morning, noon and night - I am happy to pay for a 'cliff top' Suite in the Sea Grape building. Rooms 851 and 856 have a Living Room area (with a huge sofa bed), and a separate large bedroom, with a free standing bath, that it is just a joy!

Housekeeping are brilliant, the Front Desk are immensely welcoming, and all the Bell Desk team are quite frankly "a hoot" as we say in England. The Beach staff could not be nicer, and Mickey's Restaurant and Diner is a contender for Michelin stars!

Whether you are a couple looking for a relaxing break from work, or a family, put your trust in Elbow Beach. If there is a problem - tell them - they really do want you to have a Bermudaful stay! (As they would say!).

Room Tip: Try to book a Suite if you can. Sea Grape is brilliant. If not, Bougainvillea are lovely and so clos...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Pegasus8London
sdier, Public Relations Manager at Elbow Beach, Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Pegasus8London,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay at Elbow Beach!

Your kind words about all our colleagues mean so much to us, and we're glad you enjoyed their British humour. Our colleagues strive to give our guest's a truly relaxing experience, and we're so glad that is what you had when you returned to stay with us again.

We feel very lucky to have such a spectacular piece of beach for our guest's to enjoy.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I booked 4 night trip to Elbow Beach through Mandarin Oriental web site and did not even twice since I stayed in their hotel in London and NYC and was pleased . Oh - I was wrong, plus I did not look at the others people reviews this time .
Property ( that was obviously beautiful once ) looks like ghost city . The main hotel building is completely empty and closed . From outside , everything is painted so it is not obvious but you can smell the musty smell everywhere . Cottages are renovated from inside so the rooms are not bad not worth 1/3 of the price . We were in premier ocean view room .
House keeping is poor and the rooms are not sparkling clean - again not something that you expect for $800 a night . I dropped and earring one day and was shocked when I looked under the bed and night spend . Our patio was not cleaned once and we dad no towels one day ... I can go on an on about details ... there is actual traffic at the property since taxi drivers and motorcycles are going down to the restaurants at the bottom so there is noise in front of every room . It is absolutely not safe for kids since they cant be left alone to run on premisses . Too bad since the property is big and has nice plants on it .
Wireless was not working most of the time in our room so if you plan to work - get ready to go to the main building .
There are 3 good restaurants on the beach but I will review them separately .
Spa is nice looking - but treatments are waste of money . We had massage and facial. MAssage was ok but the facial was just slapping tons of products on top of each other . I was in MAndarin spa in NYC and had wonderful experience so this was another disappointment
The point is - the only thing that is beautiful there is nature and beach- people failed big time !!!
DONT STAY THERE - stay somewhere else and than go and have diner at one of the restaurant and see the property for yourself and instead of spa treatments enjoy the beach and water or go to one of the Spas in HAmilton .

Room Tip: if you go - stay in the cottage closer to hotel since there is better view from there . the ones clo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Aurora21000
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed with my wife for three days (July 25th-July 28th). Bermuda is so close to the east coast it would be worth going now matter where you stay...great weather, nice people, pretty scenery. As for Elbow Beach...it is mostly a pleasant place to stay. Having read the reviews of the property prior to going I knew not to expect Mandarin Oriental luxury. However, when compared with other visits to other islands in the Atlantic, the hotel is one of the better ones. It has one of the nicest beaches I've ever had the pleasure to experience. Beautiful sand, crystal blue ocean (truly relaxing to be in but I would not be comfortable with younger children going to far in as the undertow is very strong...my wife is petite and the only way we could have a conversation in the ocean was if I held onto her because if I didn't she would be next to me one moment and 10-15 feet away from me the next...though it did cause quite a few laughs). The service on the beach was also pretty good and drinks were regularly offered from Mickey's, the on the beach restaurant. Without kids on this trip, we spent most of our time at the beach and ate all meals in full view of the ocean. There are three restaurants on the property and they all sit on top of one another. Mickey's on the beach, Sea Breeze above it and the Lido (which we did not go to because I saw no need to wear collared shirts, but Lido apparently sees differently). But between Mickey's and Sea Breeze we were fine and the food was surprisingly good. Not gourmet, but very good. The sushi at Sea Breeze was surprisingly excellent. The property is big but not so big and consider it a blessing that the rooms in the main building are closed as it would have made the resort and it's beach too crowded. I saw no evidence of renovating going on in the main building and when asked, a staff member told me, "no one knows what they are planning to do. Or when." The rooms were very nice and clean. Not lavish but perfectly suited to the Caribbean. My wife and I had a honeymoon suite (17 years of marriage later that's kind of fun) and the bathroom was created with a couple of sliding doors, giving the room a very open loft like feel. The spa is very nice but very expensive but it was certainly a blissful way to spend an afternoon for both of us. They provide treatments in nicely appointed private suites and if there was any proof that Mandarin Oriental owns the property the spa is it. Overall, a mostly positive trip and place to stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brian H
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at, hands down! The food is amazing (a little pricey), the rooms are incredible in every way, the staff is super friendly (they don't let you lift a finger), and you couldn't get a nicer location than the pink sands at Elbow Beach! They have unlimited towels, bottled water, water sport activities, and comfortable sandals - all complimentary! Oh and they have an umbrella there for you to take incase it rains! The room even has a stereo system where you can dock your iphone\ipod and control the volume from the bathroom! They've thought of everything! Another plus is the shuttle service and taxi service all at your fingertips! There was not one negative aspect to our trip! I will never stay anywhere else when I go back to Bermuda! I heard the King of Saudi Arabia owns this hotel so he must have high standards :)

• Stayed: July 2012
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
The Reefs
The Reefs
#2 of 3 in Southampton Parish

Been to Elbow Beach, Bermuda? Share your experiences!