“Wedding at Elbow Beach”

Elbow Beach, Bermuda
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paget Parish
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I chose to be wed on the beach at Elbow Beach.

The wedding was planned by Weddings By Panache.

It was just my husband and I (and the wedding planner and photographer), and the wedding was perfect.

Ginny (the wedding planner) took care of everything and calmed any nerves that might have existed. Zeudi (the photgrapher) managed made normally camera shy people comfortable.

What was really special about our wedding was it was so intense, so much emotion. Without all of the distractions of a larger wedding and reception, we could focus on why we were there: because we so loved one another and wanted to joined as man and wife.

I would not change a thing.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife and I were married on the beach at Elbow Beach resort. We worked with Ginny at Weddings with Panache, who are affiliated with the resort. Wonderful experience.

The resort is a beautiful place, and the service we received was exceptional. Very friendly and helpful staff. We stayed in one of the Lanai rooms right down on the beach. The room was clean, spacious (a palatial bathroom) and comfortable. Our one complaint would be that the air conditioning won't go any lower than 67 degrees. Since my wife likes to sleep in a cool room, this was an issue for us.

We had dinner on our wedding night at the Lido Restaurant, which was very good. Pricey, as most restaurants in Bermuda are. If you are a beer lover, prepare to be disappointed. Beer only in bottles, and pretty average. To get good beer on draft in Bermuda you have to go to the Swizzle Inn (two locations), North Rock Brewing, or the Frog & Onion. You can buy Guinness Foreign Extra at the market down the road from Elbow Beach, as well as good wines and snacks, rather than break into the mini-bar.

Breakfast was good, the service was very good, and the view at breakfast was exceptional. For a good breakfast at a lower price range, go up the road to The Paraquet diner, which we were able to walk to. Not scenic, but had a "local diner" feel.

We only stayed two nights here. If we come again, we'll take the 3 nights and a 4th free special.

If you go for a motor scooter or bicycle ride, the views along South Road going west from Elbow Beach are simply incredible.

We did not use the spa, so I have not rated it.

1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great hotel - clean and classy with good food, and a gorgeous beach. I snorkeled a lot - never got bored. Breakfast was great - 5-star bircher muesli, egg white omelet. We had the same server (Laura) for every meal, and she was wonderful - always smiling, great service, made us feel right at home.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in one of the small buildings close to the beach... there was a practice putting...
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary on April 17, 2012 and decided to stay at this resort. What a beautiful place, we got three nights and a fourth night free! We stayed in a room that was comfortable as well as spacious with a deck and a stunning view of the ocean. The staff were so friendly and informative, telling us places of interest to go while we were there. The resort was clean and we spent most of our time just relaxing on the chaise lounges on the beach. It was great just to walk up to the restaurant which was 1 minute from the beach to have lunch or a snack, which would have been provided for us at our spot on the beach if we wanted anything by friendly and professional waiters. The price of the food was high, but there were other restaurants outside of the hotel where the prices were well within our budget. We cannot wait to go back to this resort, and will book the hotel again soon just so we don't miss out!!!

Room Tip: I think any room would be good at this hotel!
2  Thank senseiSue
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed at Elbow Beach Hotel, arriving Good Friday for 7 nights, we found check in quick and easy, the room was perfect with fantastic views across the ocean - we stayed in Bougainvillea room 802, the room had a patio with sun loungers which was ideal if it got a little windy on the beach as it was sheltered but had the sun on it for most of the day, and you were still able to enjoy the views. Each evening someone knock the door to see if we need water towels etc so I don't know what happened to reviewer Folby on Easter Saturday evening they also presented us with a Easter basket full of Easter Eggs - a nice touch.The gardens were beautifully maintained and pleasure to walk through up to the main building although George ( a character) would send the hotel shuttle if you just didn't have the energy !!
We dined at The Lido - we felt a little over priced, wine especially was expensive ( but that was the case in most restaurants in Bermuda), apart from the fantastic views the dining room didn't have much atmosphere!
Sea Breeze we had dinner here twice and breakfast every day the staff in particular Michelle, Laura & Emanuel were an asset to the restaurant, and although working long hours they were always cheerful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble, the food was always hot and beautifully presented.
Mickeys Bar unfortunately wasn't open in the evening - too early in the season.
Beach -the attendants were always willing to help you find a sun bed, put up the sun umbrella, and put the towels on the loungers, the beach was idyllic although could be windy at times, the beach was clean and the water clear
Location we found the hotel ideally situated, there was a bus stop at the main enterence to the
hotel where you could get a bus into Hamilton ( taxi was approx $10.00), we found everyone on the island and also in the hotel to be very friendly and helpful, and would not hesitate in recommending both Bermuda and the Elbow Beach hotel for a relaxing break, where life is at a slower pace and you can escape from all things touristy i.e MacDonalds and tacky tourist shops.

1  Thank jenCardiffUk
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was disappointed with my stay. I asked for water in room that initially took 12 hours, the Internet was down constantly and room was a little shabby in places. You have to walk a mile up a mountain to get to main hotel bit and there is no bar in hotel! Food is good and beach very good but the hotel is unprofessionally run. I asked to speak to GM but he never got back to me! Certainly not worth the daily rate! On the up side the staff are pleasant but there seems to be no management! If I came back to Bermuda I would not stay in Elbow Beach!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Folby
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family and I booked this hotel at the last minute and during the booking, I had asked if the pool was open. The reservation agent confirmed that it was. I was concerned as I had read that the property is under going renovation work and the pool was closed during the first week of March. We arrived on March 21st and as of yesterday on our departure date, the pool was still closed. They advised upon arrival that the pool is available next door at Coco Reef (small pool) and also, an unheated pool in the private condo part of the hotel. I found this misrepresentation of key amenities to be a poor reflection on the hotel.

The hotel staff are however excellent and the food at the restaurants and the room service were also very good. There's not much in the way of atmosphere in the hotel lounge or any entertainment, etc.

Management should make clear to visitors on the scope of the hotel renovation and what services are shut down.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
The Reefs
The Reefs
#2 of 3 in Southampton Parish

Been to Elbow Beach, Bermuda? Share your experiences!