“FabulousViews and Traditional French Cuisine”

Beau Rivage Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Paget Parish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Looking for traditional French cuisine in Bermuda? Go no further - this is some of the best food on the Island. The only negative is the inside dining room decor. It simply doesnt do the Chef and his masterpieces that come out of this kitchen. If you go, chose the outside terrace overlooking the Harbour and the beautiful infinity pool. There are fabulous western view towards the sunset and BBQ on Friday nights that is excellent and well priced. Good wine list (did I need to mention?)

1  Thank payan_too

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was with the French rugby classic team over there and we where spoiled bigtime. The servise was Excillent and the food even better. Very nice sea view as well. Thanks everyone over there.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

All around great restaurant. Nice atmosphere, beautiul view of Hamilton, pleasant staff and excellent food. My husband loves classic French dishes but I'm not much for the cuisine. We both loved our meals here! He had escargot and beef wellinginton both of which he said were exceptional and I had Lobster Ravioli and seafood risotto which were wonderful. I noticed other reviewers commented on price. I found it to be pricey but in line with fine dining in Bermuda.

1  Thank Molly M
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It should be illegal to be charged the amount of money I was charged for what I was just served. After the extremely disappointing starters, my fiance ordered the market fish, the wahoo, and I had the seafood risotto. The wahoo was so overcooked that I am convinced someone was playing a joke on us. I do not know how a chef, sous chef, line cook, waiter, whoever, could look at this piece of fish and say "that looks good enough to present to our guest at these prices". The risotto was just as bad. The actual risotto part resembled mashed potatoes. An overcooked pile of mush and tasted extremely bitter. The seafood component was fine, blah really, but the risotto was so bad it was distracting. I just can't comprehend how the chef, just a highly regarded chef, could allow his kitchen, whether he is on the island or not, to be sending out an entree of that poor quality. It was remarkable how bad it was.

On top of the horrendous food preparation, the service (although friendly) was just as bad. A couple sat down next to us about 20 minutes after we sat. We ordered our meal. Our appetizers came while they were ordering their meal. They ordered the same entrees as us. We finished our appetizers and then their starters came. They sent one of their appetizers back (big shocker!) because the lobster ravioli lacked lobster. In the meantime we waited for our entrees. Two plates came out with what we ordered and they set them on our neighbors table. The neighbors insisted that although we ordered the same thing that this must be ours (friendly people, the one highlight). The waiter insisted no that it was theirs (clearly an attempt to make up for the failed appetizer, okay I understand). So the restaurant had us wait for 10 more minutes, awkwardly, for the exact same entrees, which were ordered 10-15 minutes earlier. Great service! Way to make your guests uncomfortable while the table next to you EATS YOUR FOOD IN FRONT OF YOU. Of course it made it all better when they brought out the rubber shoe sole a.k.a. Wahoo" and the pile of mush with inedible muscles aka seafood risotto.

I have never written a review on this site or any review site. I am only doing so now because I feel like I was robbed tonight. Surely any restaurant can have an "off night", but this wasn't an off night. This is a restaurant that took zero pride in what they offered. At the end of the day though, you win restaurant, you win. You got my money and judging by the experience you provided, your operating margins must be north of 1000%.

4  Thank nick b
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Beau Rivage is a wonderful restaurant thanks to Executive Chef Jean Claude Garzia. I first enjoyed his food almost 30 years ago on my first trip to Bermuda and over the years managed a few more visits and memorable meals. I hadn't been to Bermuda for a number of years and so on this trip I started asking around to find where Jean Claude was. I was delighted to find him at Beau Rivage and even more delighted to be able to enjoy another one of his meals. His food is always fantastic, the service was excellent and the atmosphere perfect. It was another wonderful night of excellent food, family and conversation thanks to Chef Jean Claude. If you are in Bermuda a dinner at Beau Rivage is a must.
-Tracy M.