“A beautiful place to celebrate an anniversary”
Review of Fourways Inn

Fourways Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Paget Parish
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Grande Dame of Bermuda's restaurants, famous for its celebrity guest list, renowned menus, signature dishes and organic Bermuda selections. Live piano music in its timeless dining room. Glamour, style and the most extensive wine-list on the island with fine wines sourced from Sothebys ready for discerning connoisseurs. And the most stupendous Sunday brunch on the island, with exotic dishes from near (local farm produce and local delicacies) and far (come and see!)
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Recommended to us by our cab driver upon arrival, we promptly booked a table for our anniversary. The food was very good, nice wine selections and the service was exemplary. be sure to try the soufflé!

There are newer reviews for Fourways Inn

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Went there with friends, we didnt think it was overpriced or too pretentious ,prices were very reasonable, it was like a gentleman,s club with amazing food and amazing wines and even more amazing atmosphere. The lobster bisque was unreal and so was my spinach rockfish. The place could do with a female employee just to add on that feminine touch, thats all i can say. The rest was all amazing!

1  Thank MafsIreland
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We've had dinner here twice now. The reviewer complaining about service would love another prime dinner spot in Bermuda that shall remain nameless here where our entire dining experience from arrival to being rushed out the door took less than one hour. At Four Ways the pace is leisurely. The service polite. The food wonderful.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We've dined here a number of times, partly because it is a favourite of friends, and a nice meal to celebrate anything. I can't say I'd frequent this place as it is relatively pricey and can easily add up.

I would come here again, but probably only for special occasions or bringing visitors. Again, I can't see coming here too regularly as I would definitely not be able to afford it, or spend without feeling like I was overpaying just a bit.

Except for Sunday brunch, we have never paid less than $150 a person in the 3-4 times we have come here, whether we had 4, 6 or 8 people dining.

Overall
- Service is usually pretty good and consistent
- Definitely, definitely overpriced, with 300-400% markups on bottles of wine; for example, the same bottle of wine is another $$$$ restaurant may be twice the price here
- Food quality is fairly high, so maybe they really make you pay for what you get
- Location is ok, on Middle Road near Warwick Academy
- We have also been here for Sunday brunch and I'm a little weary of it being rated one of the top places in Bermuda. I found the choices lacking a bit and although there were some things cooked well, others weren't. I also didn't enjoy the layout in that the food is split into multiple rooms so you can easily miss something. Felt like the restaurant was too small to cover brunch well in terms of organization, and for the cost of the brunch, they should really include a beverage like coffee or juice. Also too crowded which doesn't help with the layout.

Good
- Service is very respectful, but it appears that some servers are more genuine while others seem like they're pretending to be happy you're there; I should say there are more servers who are genuine than not, so this isn't a big issue
- Food quality is excellent, including both steak, seafood, and other meat dishes
- Havign dined a number of times here, the sirloin and lamb shank are particular high quality and better value for money
- Wine selection and menu options are fairly wide, leaving something for almost everyone
- Servers are very proper and competent and their training and professionalism skills are obvious
- A nice treat is if you ask, you can get a tour of their newly redone wine cellar, which is worth asking

Less Good
- Prices, as already mentioned, especially for appetizers and wine, so it will be VERY hard to spend less than $100 for two people, and that's before alcohol
- I wish they had a map on their website, as you really can't find it without one
- Service can be slow

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Fourways is a very good restaurant, with a fine and friendly staff and a pleasant atmosphere. But it attempts to create a formal, old world atmosphere which feels a bit artificial; this takes away from the overall experience of dining here. We were greeted and seated very nicely. Menu items and specials were explained; there were a few problems- 1) one served item was spoiled; when I told the head waiter he did nothing about it, 2) potatoes were undercooked, when informed of the problem, new potatoes were served, 3) our waiter did not know about changes in the menu and one wrong dish was served; after I asked if it was the correct item and was told it was, the waiter later confirmed that the dish was wrong and the item I ordered was not available. The menu has a good assortment of items; our choices were otherwise good; beverage service was also good. Service, beyond the errors noted before, was competent and efficient. This is supposed to be a top tier restaurant in Bermuda, but other places earned higher grades in our view.