This was our 4th trip to Bermuda and definitely the nicest place we've stayed so far (On prior trips, we stayed at the original Belmont, the Rosemont, and the Hamilton Fairmont). We booked a 2-bedroom, 2 bath suite for our family of 4. It was actually 2-1/2 baths -- very nice, modern, and quite spacious, with a fully furnished kitchen which allowed us to eat a relaxing breakfast at "home" every morning rather than going out for breakfast. The best part was the large deck/porch with incredible 180 degree views of Hamilton harbor and the city. We liked the location, away from the hustle and traffic of the city, but it isn't practical to walk anywhere from the hotel. The Newstead has a free ferry to shuttle you to Hamilton (about 7 minutes), but it doesn't run on Sundays, holidays, or when raining, and only runs for a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the early evening (last return at 8:30 pm), so we had to take a taxi to or from Hamilton several evenings. The public ferry only runs until 6 pm, so neither ran late enough to return from Hamilton after dinner. The cab fare was about $10 each way. The name "golf resort" and the website suggest that the hotel is adjacent to the golf club property, but the golf course is not adjacent or even walking distance from the hotel. There is a complimentary shuttle that will take you to the golf club and Blu restaurant, about a 5-7 minute drive from the hotel. There is also a complimentary shuttle to the beach, but it only runs until 3:30 pm, so if you want to go or stay later, you must take a taxi. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get a cab from the hotel, so it wasn't a problem, but a bit of added expense you should plan for that you wouldn't have if staying in Hamilton within an easy walk of restaurants, shopping, sights, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in one of the world's most exclusive locales, the Newstead Belmont Hills is a rare find. With just 60 waterfront suites the Newstead Belmont Hills lavishes you with Bermuda's most coveted commodity: Elbow room. Meanwhile, our highly personal service reminds you that you've truly found your island home. Amenities include an 18-hole golf course, spa, two restaurants, hair salon, business centre, concierge, water shuttle, infinity pool, whirlpool, tennis courts, full kitchen in each suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newstead Belmont Hills Paget
- Hotel Newstead Belmont Hills
- Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel Bermuda/Paget Parish