My husband and I just got back from a long weekend (babymoon) in Bermuda. After looking at a number of reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to take a chance on the Granaway, and were pleasantly surprised.
Firstly, we weren't expecting a sea view from our room (we were in the Pink or Rose Room) from where we could watch the sunset right from our bed. There is also a small balcony on the second floor just off the dining room where you could sit and look out onto the sea. It was also very quiet despite being right off of Harbour Road.
We had read others' negative reviews about the distance to the ferry dock and bus stop, but despite being seven and a half months pregnant, I managed to get around pretty well. (The trick to getting to the ferry, as our hostess Carol advised us, was to walk along the golf course instead of on Harbour Road which is very narrow and has no pavement. You just had to watch for golf balls...) Warwick Parish is centrally located on the island; although you won't be surrounded by shops and restaurants like in Hamilton, it's a quick (~15 mins) ferry ride away to Hamilton. From Hamilton you can then catch the ferry to the western tip (Naval Dockyard) or the eastern tip (St. George's). To get to the south shore beaches you would take two buses to get there.
We enjoyed the breakfast that Michael and Francisco served us every morning on fine vintage china, and the company of the other guests around the dining table. We had warm toast, fresh muffins, a small cup of cut fruits, and either boiled/poached eggs or hot waffles every morning, and freshly brewed tea or coffee poured out of antique silver pots.
Don't expect five star luxury because you won't get it here. But if you're looking for a charming b&b which makes you feel like you're visiting family, you may find this place right for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granaway is a Bermudian bed and breakfast. The manor house was built in 1734 and is a registered historic property. There is a water front patio excellent for relaxing and watching the sunset or for swimming and snorkeling in the summer. The pool is set in a lush walled in garden area. There is a gate onto the Belmont Hills Golf Course. Breakfast is served in the dining room, in the garden or in your room if you prefer. Granaway has a central location in Warwick Parish and it is only a 5-10 minute walk to either the ferry or the bus. All rooms have a water view, cable TV and wireless access. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Granaway Guest House And Cottages
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Hotel Warwick
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Bermuda/Warwick Parish