“Beautiful inn... great breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warwick Parish
Granaway Guest House & Cottages
New York City, New York
“Beautiful inn... great breakfast”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Granaway very much. Breakfast is pretty affair with fresh fruit and fresh farm eggs. Mike & Carol have raised their family in Bermuda and have all manner of experience and suggestions (if asked) about things to do. Like taking high tea in Hamilton, which was fun for our daughters.The rooms were cleaned every day. The pool is large and tucked away in a large formal garden. You can walk along the golf course out the back gate. Thank you Mike & Carol for our happy visit!

Emily, NYC

Room Tip: Our family took the two rooms downstairs. Totally quiet & clean & spacious.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I recently returned home after 4 wonderful nights at the Granaway. With its perfect positioning in the middle of the isand, to the charm of the house, not to mention the care of the owners and staff; Granaway was an excellent choice!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank traynorbrad
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Friendly owners, smart people, welcoming without being overwhelming. Great views, charming old house well located, with a lot of character and a great pool...breakfast is fantastic.
Bermuda is as close to heaven as it gets,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine P
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We both really enjoyed our stay at Granaway. It was quiet (except for the singing tree frogs!) and comfortable. The garden area is beautiful and great for photographs. I especially enjoyed the house cat Olive and the house dog Maverick. It made me miss my own cats a little less while away! The air conditioning in the room was perfect - could not have survived without it. The shower/bathroom in the room we stayed in could definitely use an upgrade (fan, showerhead, tub), but we are simple people and don't need anything too fancy. It was also in a good location - quick trip to Hamilton or other parts of the island. Francisco was an gracious host and even procured some medicine when I became quite ill at the end of my stay. Thank you Francisco!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SMD1979
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My Husband and I have been traveling to Bermuda for years. I love Bermuda and we go back to this beautiful Island every chance we get. Last night we just came back home and we stayed at "Granaway." Well I don't know where to begin. On upon arrival we were greeted by Francisco who was so cordial and could not do enough for you! He is wonderful ! I instantly fell in love with this adorable Cottage and my stay there felt like I was back living in true -old Bermuda! We stayed in the "Palmetto Room" which was so charming and comfortable. Old beams and a darling bow out window that closed with shutters. The room was beautiful in every way! The entire Cottage is beautiful! The grounds are so very relaxing and peaceful. The flowers and gardens are lovely. The pool!!!...very private and surrounded by Palms and tropical flowers and trees. I loved it! Your breakfast is served in a very gracious Dining Room , complete with beautiful China and Silver - lovely! (not to mention delicious!) Last, but certaintly not least are your hosts, Carol and Michael, who I can't say enough about. They are so cordial , they make you feel right at home and are so very, very nice. They were wonderful! I cannot leave out Maverick, their very sweet dog that I loved and Olive, their sweet little kitty! "Granaway" I miss allready and look forward going back there. Eveything here was a 10 plus! Thank-You Carol and Michael for making every day here very special and Beautiful! We will be back!

Room Tip: I loved the "Palmetto Room" ...it was quite large and sunny.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Enchanting2013
East Lansing, Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my first time staying in a guest house (I normally stay in hotels), so I was not entirely sure what I would get. The "Royal" room was comfortable and nicely furnished. The bathroom fixtures were better than some hotels where I've stayed, and the A/C and fan were both more effective and quieter than what I've had in the last several hotel rooms I rented. The door to the patio stuck, but it's Bermuda, where humidity is not exactly unknown. One warning to light sleepers: the Royal room faces Harbour Road. It gives you a wonderful view of the harbor, but it also exposes you to a considerably bit of traffic noise early on weekday mornings as workers head east into Hamilton and nearby locales.

Breakfasts, prepared by chief cook and general factotum Francisco, were excellent! (Francisco, if you're reading this, take a bow.) "Continental breakfast" at most hotels means cereal, toast or bagels (heat 'em yourself), and if you're lucky scrambled eggs in a steamer dish. Breakfast at Granaway every morning included a plate of fresh fruit, juice and coffee, fresh baked goods, and a different egg dish (poached egg, French toast, ...) each day, freshly made.

Beyond the food, conversation at breakfast was a major plus. The hosts (the Ashtons) are wonderful people. Besides interesting and convivial conversation, they supplied some quite helpful hints about where to go and what to do.

There is a ferry stop within an easy walk of the guest house, taking you into Hamilton city. The one caveat I would offer is that there is only one restaurant within a half-hour's walk of the guest house. There are quite a few good restaurants in Hamilton, but the bus and ferry schedules get a bit sparse (and stop rather early) on weekends. If you want to vary your dining locations, it would be a good idea to rent a scooter (assuming you can acclimate to the British tendency to drive on the wrong side of the road), or prepare to pay a few cab fares.

Compared to hotel rates in-season, Granaway is quite economical. I enjoyed a few dips in their pool, and they have a quiet little private dock on the harbor where you can relax or take a dip.

Warning: The real bosses appear to be Maverick, a gregarious dog (Scottie?), and a cat who did not deign to tell me her name. If you are allergic to pets, you may need to ask for the cottage.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid traffic noise, do not ask for a harbor view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Paul R
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We just returned a few days ago from a trip to Bermuda nad the Granaway. I cannot say enough about this property and owners. First of all the location is super. The Guesthouse is just about middle of the island so getting from one end to the other is a breeze. The house is about a 5 minute walk to the ferry that takes you to Hamilton. From there you can transfer to bus or other ferries to get to all points of the Island. We rented a scooter, so access to the island really opens up. I would highly recommend that. As far as the property is concerned, it is really nice. We stayed in the cottage. It is spacious enough for 2 with a small kitchen, full bath (shower, no tub), and nice private patio were we spent some time reading. The pool was a great respite after being out at the beach or in Hamilton. Carol, Michael and Francesco were great sharing their information on places to eat and see. The breakfast was much more than continental, as fruit, muffins, and eggs were served each day. The property was clean and kept up. Maverick the Dog keeps watch on the guests and has a pleasant personality! Overall a great experience in a slice of paradise that is Bermuda. we will surely be back.

Room Tip: The cottage is a nice private option...highly recommend. A/C works great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 3 in Southampton Parish
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
#3 of 6 in Paget Parish

Been to Granaway Guest House & Cottages? Share your experiences!