This is our second year in a row staying at Granaway and once again it was a wonderful vacation. Carol and Michael are really lovely hosts. It is like visiting family and they are just delightful people. Their helper Francisco is just wonderful as well. We always look forward to breakfast while staying there and they never disappoint. Everyday it consists of fresh baked muffins, toast, eggs and fruit. Chatting with other guests during this time is a great way to start the day. It is such a nice time in the morning to share stories with everyone.
Last year we stayed in the guest cottage which was really nice. It has everything you would need to dine in if you wished while staying. Also, it has a private yard surrounded with beautiful flowers.
This year we stayed in the main house. Really, for us it was better since we never once used the kitchen in the cottage the year before and felt a little detached from everyone. Our room (the blue room) has a comfortable queen bed, large bathroom and plenty of closet space/a/c etc. They also decorate it with many personal touches reflecting Carol's great style. All the rooms come with a microwave, mini refrigerator, plates, glasses etc for making a snack if you wish. The rooms are cleaned immaculately daily when you leave for the day. You really have an amazing amount of privacy there too. Most of the time you feel as if you are in your own private residence!
The view from their veranda just off the dining room is spectacular. You overlook the Harbor and the sunsets are breathtaking. They have one of the most beautiful pools as well. it also is immaculately clean which is amazing considering the gardens and Palms hovering around it. I never have seen a speck in that pool! Also, I swear they use practically no chlorine, it seems like pure fresh water. It was only about 86 degrees too when we were there. Nice for an evening swim.
What else to sat about Granaway....we love it and adore Carol and Michael. We appreciate the history of the house and how hard they work to keep it as pristine as possible. But it is an older house. Keep that in mind, we live in one in Phila so we understand. Sometimes it is the imperfections that make it perfect. We look forward to returning for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granaway is a Bermudian bed and breakfast. The manor house was built in 1734 and is a registered historic property. There is a water front patio excellent for relaxing and watching the sunset or for swimming and snorkeling in the summer. The pool is set in a lush walled in garden area. There is a gate onto the Belmont Hills Golf Course. Breakfast is served in the dining room, in the garden or in your room if you prefer. Granaway has a central location in Warwick Parish and it is only a 5-10 minute walk to either the ferry or the bus. All rooms have a water view, cable TV and wireless access. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Hotel Warwick
- Granaway Guest House And Cottages
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Bermuda/Warwick Parish