Just returned last week from a 7-night stay at Granaway. It was WONDERFUL! My husband & I had the Palmetto room, and our 17-year-old son stayed in the Captain's room. These 2 lovely, very comfortable rooms are at opposite ends of a short, very attractive hallway, with one other guest room and a stairway in-between. The arrangement worked out just fine for us. We enjoyed the fact that we happened to be the only Americans among the guests that week, who included Italians, Brits, and one German. One other couple had a child with them - a toddler; they stayed in the separate cottage. With the owners' grown children and young grandchildren often stopping by, it made for a very homey, casual & comfortable place to stay. Carol and Michael are the most welcoming, gracious & kind hosts. They are sharing their own beautiful, historic home, and have perfected the art of making their guests feel at home, relaxed, and very well taken care of. They clearly enjoy what they do, and are genuinely interested in their guests, chatting at breakfast and other opportunities, offering daytrip suggestions & restaurant recommendations (when asked), filling us in on interesting tidbits about the island, etc....even going above and beyond the call of duty to give us a couple of rides to the beach and into Hamilton, AND taking all the guests out one morning on their boat for breakfast, snorkeling and kayaking! We could not believe our good fortune. As other reviewers have mentioned also, the housekeeper/cook, Francisco, could not possibly have been more helpful or more pleasant. The house and grounds of Granaway make you feel like you are in a storybook cottage in paradise. We have stayed in many bed & breakfasts in all different kinds of places. This one is truly special. We did not want to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granaway is a Bermudian bed and breakfast. The manor house was built in 1734 and is a registered historic property. There is a water front patio excellent for relaxing and watching the sunset or for swimming and snorkeling in the summer. The pool is set in a lush walled in garden area. There is a gate onto the Belmont Hills Golf Course. Breakfast is served in the dining room, in the garden or in your room if you prefer. Granaway has a central location in Warwick Parish and it is only a 5-10 minute walk to either the ferry or the bus. All rooms have a water view, cable TV and wireless access. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Granaway Guest House And Cottages
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Hotel Warwick
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Bermuda/Warwick Parish