On a business trip for few nights and a regular business visitor of Bermuda, I decided to try something different from the corporate hotels to appreciate more the Bermuda experience. The place was recommended by colleagues who live on the island and it definetely exceeded my expectations. The house is simply stunning, nearly 300 years old and all is about details: the room decor (with modern wifi and TV), the breakfast set and food served in the master living room of the house with a view on the ocean, homemade muffins, the cute cat and dog, the beautiful house grounds. I traveled into Hamilton to go to work by ferry (Belmont ferry stop is not far away and the walk in the morning just sets you in a good mood and a USD3.25 ride by ferry make the travel as cost efficient as it can be - make sure you have exact cash). The owners and their staff are very attentive, though descreet. A real "home" feel, class and quiet for those not wanting to stay with the crowds. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granaway is a Bermudian bed and breakfast. The manor house was built in 1734 and is a registered historic property. There is a water front patio excellent for relaxing and watching the sunset or for swimming and snorkeling in the summer. The pool is set in a lush walled in garden area. There is a gate onto the Belmont Hills Golf Course. Breakfast is served in the dining room, in the garden or in your room if you prefer. Granaway has a central location in Warwick Parish and it is only a 5-10 minute walk to either the ferry or the bus. All rooms have a water view, cable TV and wireless access. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Granaway Guest House And Cottages
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Hotel Warwick
- Granaway Guest House & Cottages Bermuda/Warwick Parish