Granaway Guest House & Cottages
$697
$619
Elbow Beach, Bermuda(Paget Parish)
$675
Cambridge Beaches(Sandys Parish)
$599
Watercolours(Warwick Parish)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsother guestsferry stopeach morningthe buscaptain's roomfresh fruitbelmont hills golf courselovely roomwonderful poolnew friendsmature gardensseparate cottageoverlooking the waterbeautiful oceanshort walkbreakfast tablesized bed
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Everyone you interact with here is friendly, sweet and makes you feel very welcome. The house, view and location are stunning. The breakfast was quite special and there was great care taken with the preparation and the presentation. If you like charming old houses and appreciate gorgeous grounds, this is the place for you. We'll be back - with children next time!!

Room Tip: This is a b & b ! We were in the rose room, but I would think all the rooms would be lovely, as are the owners!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We really enjoyed our week long stay at Granaway. Carol and Michael were wonderful hosts, and we found the accommodations very comfortable. The breakfast each morning was a great start to the day. The gardens and the house were lovely, it is located on a busy road, but I slept fine with my earplugs.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny F
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Granaway was built in 1734 and the owners have kept the original structure intact. Breakfast each morning was very good and varied thanks to Francisco's hard work. He was an enormous help for our entire stay. I gave the B&B 3 stars because the property is in need of a few updates and minor repairs--some fabric softener for the towels wouldn't hurt either. However, given the fact we paid half of what The Fairmount Southampton charges you can't expect a 5 star "resort". Also, this property is on a BUSY road; rent the cottage if you prefer quiet. The pool and gardens are wonderful to relax in with your favorite book, but be aware the owners live onsite and do have family that visits; so expect children. ***Allergy alert*** a dog and cat live onsite and have free range of the house, both are very friendly.

Room Tip: Request to stay in the cottage; it sits farther back and has it's own private terrace and view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SJStarkey
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I contacted the owner Carol Ashton in February for an Aouldpril vacation, I asked her several questions regarding what I was looking for and if location be able to accommodate our needs. I told her that I was traveling with my teenage daughter and myself. My concerns were we would be located near everything that we would sightsee, and the safety for us getting around, being two girls. Carol said they were very closely located to everything we would want to do that there are busses, Ferries, and taxis.
When we arrived Granaway guest houses were way out of the way, it was a $40.00 taxi ride and not located near anything. The house looked in shabby condition and not kept, kinda dirty. There were cat's and dog's running around the house, which she failed to mention. My daughter is highly allergic to cat's she get shots for it! I can't believe she would not disclose something like that. We needed to eat and Carol threw a map at us and told us to walk almost a mile to the bus around dangerous conners with no sidewalks. We made it to Hamilton finally after waiting a very long time for a bus. After getting lunch we waited another long time for a bus back, we were passed by several busses because Granaway is NOT on the bus route, when we finally got a bus to take us , they took us to another place called Granaway Heights?? Which we were left on the side of the road with no way of getting back. We were frantic to say the least. I knocked on some random door to ask for help, my daughter was tired and crying because there are no sidewalks and we were walking & walking not knowing where to go. This very nice person gave us a ride all the way back. I was so upset with Carol. The first thing out of Carols mouth was that she was not letting me out of the week. Carol is a deceptive person who was not honest on the other end of the phone because of wanting to rent her place. The house is run down and smells of mildew, beds are hard and the whole house is loud. We ended up leaving because I decided Carol Ashton was not going to bully me on my only week vacation. She kept a deposit she should not have kept. Very upsetting for our first visit to Bermuda. Don't make the same mistake I did. I spent a little more money to go to a resort but worth it. The resort never get's their guests lost & close to all attractions. Bermuda was beautiful but we went the wrong time. Another thing Carol said that April was perfect. After speaking to people who live there, they said no I would not have suggested that for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
18  Thank Emma L
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at Granaway for 4 nights in Feb 2012, over Valentines week. Bermuda itself was very quiet and that was fine by us as we desparetly needed to recharge from our very hectic Canadian lives! Granaway was perfectly charming, and we were so impressed to have breakfast each morning on the sunny terrace in February no less! Beautiful china dishes and elegant glassware, plus fabulous coffee made breakfasting a great start to our day. We lingered on the terrace and then caught either the ferry or bus to wherever we chose to go on our daily outings! The hosts, Carol and Michael were very hospitable, and we just felt that they were "friends we hadn't met yet"! For us, it's critical that our bed is comfortable, and it was very much so. Lots of R&R at this special getaway on the harbour! We will be back again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple