“Don't let 6,000 yards fool you”

Belmont Hills Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Uneven and unpredictable terrain and few views of the Atlantic make this not the best place for golfers in the know; beginners may enjoy this course the most.
Waynesboro, Va.
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Don't let 6,000 yards fool you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Played Belmont Hills several times this week. What a gem! While only 6,000 or so yards in length, it is not a push-over.
The course is tight putting a premium on driving and the greens, which are in excellent condition, are fast and heavily contoured.
The course is beautifully landscaped with numerous ocean vistas.
My two favorite holes are numbers 4 and 17.
Both are downhill par 3's. 4 is only 75 yards from the white tees but the three tier green makes your tees shot interesting.
17 is only 135 yards from the whites but also steeply downhill as well. Wind can greatly influence your club selection on both holes.
I've hit anything from an eight iron to a #6 hybrid on 17.
Great fun and well worth the visit.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bermudaman

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“My wife loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I have just played 4 rounds of golf in Bermuda with 1 at Belmont Hills. My wife loved this course and much preferred it to Port Royal. The course is probably more like our English parkland courses with narrow fairways and is not designed for the wayward! It’s not that long but requires accuracy which counts me out! Definitely worth the visit but a small detail as with Port Royal when we finished we couldn’t get a cup of coffee? What is it with Bermudian golf courses after 4pm?

Visited November 2012
halifax
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, friendly service, good somelier

Visited June 2012
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice course with pretty views on only 2 holes. Very close houses nearby and loud road.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

The course was well maintained and the people nice. I stayed at Newstead so only paid 80 for the cart and rental clubs for 18 holes. Many holes had tough tee shots and I am sorry to the nearby homeowner's whose houses I hit. Back 9 is better than front. Views were great on 17 and 18.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horrendous customer service - Rippoff!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary last week in Bermuda and played a round of golf at Belmont Hills. Things started out a bit rough when we called and they said that the charge to rent clubs would be $60 per person for a single round so we decided to bring our own clubs on the plane from the states. They advertise a twilight rate of approxiamately $60 per person starting at 3:00 (our tee time) but the desk person refused to offer us that rate because we were riding in carts so they charged the full rate of $120 per person although there were very few people on the course at the time. Finally, when we reached the first green we discovered that the greens were being arrated, which the desk person never mentioned. If this is their way of promoting trourism, I think that they're in trouble!

Visited July 2011