We stayed in the Palmetto suite, a beautifully decorated space with a balcony. Although the decorating and amenities were excellent, it wasn't in a style that I personally favor and I found it hard to organize some of "my stuff", the little things like toothpaste, toothbrush, and razor. The closet space was excellent, enough hangers to hang all of our wardrobe. The shower was roomy and had modern plumbing. We found the room to be excellent for relaxing in after a long day of sightseeing, with good chairs to watch a bit of TV. The premisses were well lit and airy. One thing I liked was the freedom to wear your shoes in the house.
Our hosts were very accessible and available for any kind of assistance we needed, from what to see to where to eat.
Breakfasts were strictly vegan with no meat or eggs, something I missed. Refrigerator space was provided for your own groceries if that was what you liked to do.
This B&B is on the edge of Hamilton, about a 10-15 minute walk, and that was the scariest part of staying there. Most of the road into town has no sidewalks and is very narrow and winding. Traffic is relatively slow but getting to town and back safely was a daily anxiety. Of course you could take taxis, but most people walk it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingston House B&B is conveniently located walking distance to Hamilton and all it's amenities. It has plenty of architectural character and charm as well as the modern conveniences travellers expect in a top hotel. Friendly hosts help you make the most of your time in Bermuda. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kingston House Bed And Breakfast
- Kingston House Hotel Hamilton
- Kingston House B&B Bermuda/Hamilton