“You won't find a friendlier place in Bermuda.”
Review of Kingston House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hamilton
Kingston House B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Hamilton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was vacationing with a close friend of mine in Bermuda for a few days, and we selected this place because it was within our budget, and we weren't interested in the "large resort" style experience- like at the "Princess Mayfair" or other beachfront resorts. One should note that the prices quoted on their website are "taxes included" so although you might see a lower base price for other B+Bs, the value for this stay was exceptional.

When we arrived, Marlie greeted us at the front gate and proceeded to give a thorough welcome introduction to the place, the area, and our plans for activities during our stay. I was quite impressed with the house- it is a two-story stone building that has a very charming and welcoming feel, impeccably clean, and with informational packets and books everywhere. We also were treated to a mini tour- Harry took us in his car around the downtown area, recommending restaurants as well as sightseeing opportunities.

The room was beautiful- we stayed in the Frangipani room- and it had a full bathroom, TV, all the amenities one would expect from a larger hotel. However- It felt like home! There is also a wonderful patio to sit out on by a small pool. For rainy days, the family has a large selection of books and DVDs available.

Breakfast was wonderful- Marlie treated us to her baking as well as offering a selection of delicious cereals and pastries, as well as her own home-roasted coffee. Breakfast was only from 8-9, and this provided a great opportunity to meet and chat with other guests and exchange stories.

I would definitely come back to this house- located about a 10 minute walk from central Hamilton. The stay with Marlie + Harry was memorable!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Kingston House B&B

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The only "bad" thing I can say about my stay at Kingston House last week was that it was way too short... Why, exactly are flights out of Bermuda all in the morning? While this was a very short (one-night) business trip, Marlie and Harry went out of their way to turn it into a mini-vacation for me. From driving me to the beach for a quick swim, to arranging a cab for my early morning trip to the airport, and preparing breakfast extra early for me, to inviting me to join them for dinner, brief history and cultural lessons on the island, and wonderful conversation, they are perfect hosts. The place is comfortable and inviting, fown to the hot towels and constant fresh pot of coffee (home-roasted beans daily), I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Nkarman
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at the Kingston house at the end of may/beginning of june 2012. It was amazing from the start: we arrived at 10pm and Harry still offered us a tour around town. The house was always very clean and the hosts so friendly! (Digby too!) And the breakfast... amazing! We loved it so much (even my husband who was a little bit worried at first when he saw that Kingston house is a vegan place...). I have no negative comments, the breakfast moments with the other travelers were very nice. The beaches are amazing and not so far away (15 minutes in bus, the public transportation worked well for us but the scooter was so fun too!). Definitly our best trip, for our honeymoon it was perfect!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne-Marie V
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We booked at Kingston House based upon reviews at Trip Advisor, and it was simply delightful from arrival until departure!

The house has been in Harry Powell's family for a very long time, and as soon as we arrived, we felt as though we were staying in an old friend's home. It is exactly what you would expect for a home that has been in the same family for generations. There is little rhyme or reason to the layout of rooms, furniture has clearly been acquired over many years, and Harry is the perfect host. On one hand he has a completely laid-back approach with a "wear shoes if you want, or don't if you don't" attitude, but at the same time is incredibly thorough and efficient at showing his guests everything they need to make it a delightful stay. After showing us our room and the rest of the house, Harry offered us the "fifteen minute tour" of the city so that we would have a good starting point for our four days in Hamilton. Over the course of our stay we visited several of the places he recommended, and all were outstanding!

We stayed in the Jacaranda Room, which is right off the guest common area. We were initially a little concerned about noise, but that never was a problem, even with a full house. In fact, we left the door to our room open most of the time, which gave us even more a sense of being in a friend's home where we were free to do as we liked.

We were staying at Kingston House, while our extended family was docked at the Dockyard area on a cruise ship. Harry was incredibly helpful at recommending things that would appeal to all ages, making suggestions for transportation, rendezvous sites that were most convenient, etc., etc.

We wouldn't change and thing, and will definitely stay at Kingston House again whenever we return! I can't recommend this property highly enough

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I recently traveled to Bermuda for our 10th Anniversary and what a wonderful stay we had at Kingston House. Our stay was in the Bird of Paradise room, and I must say the house and property were well cared for. We loved the room we stayed in because it had a great balcony to enjoy a pre-dinner drink while winding down from a hard day at the beach. The owners of the property are Harry and Marlie, and they always went above and beyond to make sure you had an enjoyable stay. The highlight of the stay was the morning breakfasts along with some great table conversation. Harry always had an interesting story to share, and kept the table engaged. The house was conveniently located to the city of Hamilton with a short 10 minute walk, or brief scooter ride if you wanted. The nicest beaches were located on the south shore which was a 15-20 minute scooter ride. One nice feature of the house was the guest kitchen which had a full size refrigerator to keep snacks/leftovers. The house also had a guest computer and wi-fi throughout the house. We had a fantastic stay at Kingston House and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank island_rich
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Kingston House is tucked away on the outskirts of Hamilton but within easy walking distance.
It is a lovely house on a very quiet street.
I chose to stay here to recover from a busy work visit to the island and it was the right choice.
I felt at home from the moment I walked in and was welcomed by Harry and Marlie.
It has a lovely balcony you can sit on reading if you get a quiet moment ( I only got one - so I did sit for half an hour).
It is very popular, so if you want to stay here you need to book in advance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AJMglobaltraveller
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at the Kingston House from May 20th-June 1st to celebrate our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. This was our first time staying here and I booked our trip based on the reviews from trip advisor and they were right on the money.

The Kingston House offers a lot of privacy. We wanted alone time and achieved that without any problems. We ate breakfast every morning (I had the best scones I ever ate) with wonderful couples and made many new friends on this trip. Harry and Marlie are wonderful host. They are very welcoming and make you feel like you have known them for years. They offer great advise on things to do and visit as well as great places to eat. Anytime they saw us walking home and were driving by they would pull over and offer us a ride. My mother-in-law was able to contact them and a local vender and have a moongate and bride and groom statue delivered to the B & B and set up waiting for us as a surprise when we arrived (see picture). Like I said before, they make you feel like a friend they have had for a lifetime.

The location of the B & B is perfect. It is probably a 10 minute walk to town, the bus and ferry staions and great food (although there are no sidewalks on the way, the locals are used to people walking on the side of the road and they will leave more than enough room between you and them as they pass). We sat out on the deck most evenings sipping wine or drinking swizzle and just enjoying our time together. If you happen to see Digby the dog be sure to make him "die for the Queen". He was very entertaining to have around.

If you are looking for something wonderful and romantic to do, I recommed the the sunset cruise offered thru Fantasea. We had wonderful conversations with many other people on the cruise, unlimited rum swizzle to drink, and a very romantic setting to share together (see sunset picture). I also recommend visiting Harbour Nights in downtown Hamilton on Wednesday nights (we got sung to while slow dancing together).

As former navy brats who used to live in Bermuda 25 years ago, this was a great honeymoon/reunion trip to Bermuda and our stay a the Kingston House just added to the wonderful memories we made. We will be staying at the Kingston House when we decide to return to Bermuda again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Royal Palms Hotel
Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
#3 of 6 in Paget Parish

Been to Kingston House B&B? Share your experiences!