“Oustanding in every way!”
Review of Kingston House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hamilton
Kingston House B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Hamilton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hollywood, Florida
“Oustanding in every way!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We booked at Kingston House based upon reviews at Trip Advisor, and it was simply delightful from arrival until departure!

The house has been in Harry Powell's family for a very long time, and as soon as we arrived, we felt as though we were staying in an old friend's home. It is exactly what you would expect for a home that has been in the same family for generations. There is little rhyme or reason to the layout of rooms, furniture has clearly been acquired over many years, and Harry is the perfect host. On one hand he has a completely laid-back approach with a "wear shoes if you want, or don't if you don't" attitude, but at the same time is incredibly thorough and efficient at showing his guests everything they need to make it a delightful stay. After showing us our room and the rest of the house, Harry offered us the "fifteen minute tour" of the city so that we would have a good starting point for our four days in Hamilton. Over the course of our stay we visited several of the places he recommended, and all were outstanding!

We stayed in the Jacaranda Room, which is right off the guest common area. We were initially a little concerned about noise, but that never was a problem, even with a full house. In fact, we left the door to our room open most of the time, which gave us even more a sense of being in a friend's home where we were free to do as we liked.

We were staying at Kingston House, while our extended family was docked at the Dockyard area on a cruise ship. Harry was incredibly helpful at recommending things that would appeal to all ages, making suggestions for transportation, rendezvous sites that were most convenient, etc., etc.

We wouldn't change and thing, and will definitely stay at Kingston House again whenever we return! I can't recommend this property highly enough

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I recently traveled to Bermuda for our 10th Anniversary and what a wonderful stay we had at Kingston House. Our stay was in the Bird of Paradise room, and I must say the house and property were well cared for. We loved the room we stayed in because it had a great balcony to enjoy a pre-dinner drink while winding down from a hard day at the beach. The owners of the property are Harry and Marlie, and they always went above and beyond to make sure you had an enjoyable stay. The highlight of the stay was the morning breakfasts along with some great table conversation. Harry always had an interesting story to share, and kept the table engaged. The house was conveniently located to the city of Hamilton with a short 10 minute walk, or brief scooter ride if you wanted. The nicest beaches were located on the south shore which was a 15-20 minute scooter ride. One nice feature of the house was the guest kitchen which had a full size refrigerator to keep snacks/leftovers. The house also had a guest computer and wi-fi throughout the house. We had a fantastic stay at Kingston House and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank island_rich
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Kingston House is tucked away on the outskirts of Hamilton but within easy walking distance.
It is a lovely house on a very quiet street.
I chose to stay here to recover from a busy work visit to the island and it was the right choice.
I felt at home from the moment I walked in and was welcomed by Harry and Marlie.
It has a lovely balcony you can sit on reading if you get a quiet moment ( I only got one - so I did sit for half an hour).
It is very popular, so if you want to stay here you need to book in advance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AJMglobaltraveller
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at the Kingston House from May 20th-June 1st to celebrate our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. This was our first time staying here and I booked our trip based on the reviews from trip advisor and they were right on the money.

The Kingston House offers a lot of privacy. We wanted alone time and achieved that without any problems. We ate breakfast every morning (I had the best scones I ever ate) with wonderful couples and made many new friends on this trip. Harry and Marlie are wonderful host. They are very welcoming and make you feel like you have known them for years. They offer great advise on things to do and visit as well as great places to eat. Anytime they saw us walking home and were driving by they would pull over and offer us a ride. My mother-in-law was able to contact them and a local vender and have a moongate and bride and groom statue delivered to the B & B and set up waiting for us as a surprise when we arrived (see picture). Like I said before, they make you feel like a friend they have had for a lifetime.

The location of the B & B is perfect. It is probably a 10 minute walk to town, the bus and ferry staions and great food (although there are no sidewalks on the way, the locals are used to people walking on the side of the road and they will leave more than enough room between you and them as they pass). We sat out on the deck most evenings sipping wine or drinking swizzle and just enjoying our time together. If you happen to see Digby the dog be sure to make him "die for the Queen". He was very entertaining to have around.

If you are looking for something wonderful and romantic to do, I recommed the the sunset cruise offered thru Fantasea. We had wonderful conversations with many other people on the cruise, unlimited rum swizzle to drink, and a very romantic setting to share together (see sunset picture). I also recommend visiting Harbour Nights in downtown Hamilton on Wednesday nights (we got sung to while slow dancing together).

As former navy brats who used to live in Bermuda 25 years ago, this was a great honeymoon/reunion trip to Bermuda and our stay a the Kingston House just added to the wonderful memories we made. We will be staying at the Kingston House when we decide to return to Bermuda again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle M
upstate New York
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My 82 year old mother and I stayed at the Kingston House in April. This was our first time visiting Bermuda and the first vacation my mom had taken in many years. There is no doubt in my mind that staying at the Kingston House made this the "best vacation ever" for my mother. Harry and Marlie were perfect hosts and suggested places to visit and eat. Marlie took us to a very cool thrift store run by the local hospital that was the best. We had a great chatty breakfast each morning with the other guests and our hosts. The surroundings were quiet and peaceful and close to town. I know other reviewers were not pleased with the short walk to town, but it was fine- one just had to keep a watch for the traffic (my mom opted to take a cab to and from town though). We had to stay our last night at a hotel, as we decided at the last minute to stay an extra night, and I can tell you that we would not have had the wonderful time we did, had we stayed at a hotel for our entire vacation. We stayed in the suite and it was perfect- a great bed and daybed and a veranda overlooking nice foliage. We would stay here again in a heartbeat- and absolutely loved Bermuda.
We took a glass bottom boat tour with Captin Tony- awesome
Visited the Caves- spectacular
Glass beach- a must do
Dockyard - a must see
Aquarium- great and not an entire day
We opted not to rent a scooter on advise from...everyone

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bikerhiker08
Jackson, WY
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed at the Kingston House B & B during a post-law school pre-bar review trip to Bermuda with my mom, this May, and it was absolutely wonderful!! Harry and Marlie are so welcoming, and the house itself is incredibly cozy and homey. The location is fantastic, easy walk into Hamilton and the setting is stunning. Harry gave us a quick tour of the best places to eat and drink on our first afternoon, and all his suggestions were fantastic. Both Harry and Marlie go out of there way to make you feel at home, and to make your trip amazing. I am lactose intolerant, and they were sure to have not just one lactose free option, but multiple for me at breakfast, which may seem like a little thing, but to someone with dietary restrictions, it's huge! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a quiet, welcoming, and relaxing place to spend their time in Hamilton!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cambJackson_WY
vermont
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Kingston House B&B is a lovely gem close to downtown Hamilton. We had a wonderful 7 days and would definitely stay here again the next time we visit Bermuda. Marlie and Harry who own and run the B&B do a great job in all aspects. It’s a top notch B&B for sure!

I am a vegan who has experience with preparing gourmet raw vegan food. And Marlie happens to be a trained raw vegan chef! My husband and I are vegans and both Marlie and Harry also live the veggie lifestyle which was refreshing. It was so fun to be around like-minded folks! We enjoyed chatting with them so much! But no matter what path you follow, you will be welcome at the Kingston House.

We stayed in the Palmetto Suite which is just fantastic. I highly recommend spending a few more dollars a night and staying in this suite. It is totally worth it. The suite is very spacious, yet cozy and tastefully decorated. I felt very much at home! I loved sitting out on the large balcony on comfy outdoor furniture after our days adventures and sipping wine and reading a book. Even the living area of our suite was very relaxing and comfy for reading when it got cooler at night. I really liked having the sink area separate from the shower/toilet.

The B&B as a whole is just so pretty. I loved the hardwood floors and decorations. There is even a room for guests that has a big refrigerator, sofas, books, dvds, a water cooler, sink, plates, flat ware, tea, snacks, etc. The outside patio was also really nice with an endless lap pool which was just great! I really enjoyed swimming in it but regret not using it the entire vacation. Do give it a try! I think my husband’s favorite part of the grounds were the spicy cherry trees. We both loved picking and eating fruit right off the tree!

Breakfast was perfect! It’s a vegetarian house so no unpleasant smells in the morning ;-) Harry roasts is own coffee which was amazing. I loved waking up to the smell of coffee roasting the first morning. You have several choices of milk including almond or coconut milk which was great. Marlie makes this awesome raw granola that is dehydrated to preserve the enzymes and nutrients. I ate 2 bowls almost every morning. I couldn’t get enough! And I loved the big fresh fruit plate every morning that even had fresh back berries! There was also freshly baked bread and scones and yogurts for the guests. Ask for a smoothie and they are happy to make you one. I normally drink tons of green smoothies at home, so I only had one during the week.

Marlie and Harry love what they do and enjoy meeting people from all over the world. They were extremely helpful in providing tips and suggestions for the day and sharing their knowledge of Bermuda. They even gave us a tour of Hamilton on our first day. We felt very much at home staying at their B&B. It was a lot of fun! And thanks again to Marlie for the bag of granola for the plane trip home!

Bermuda is a fantastic place to visit. This was our 15 year wedding anniversary so it was extra special for us. We would come back again! It’s a beautiful place and the locals are very nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Royal Palms Hotel
Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
Coco Reef Resort Bermuda
#3 of 6 in Paget Parish

Been to Kingston House B&B? Share your experiences!