“OMG!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bermuda Dockyard Segway Tour
Ranked #1 of 17 Shopping in Hamilton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Dockyard Company LTD. A Bermuda company, has been in operation for over 16 years. We had simple beginnings as a small glass studio with a passion for the Arts. We have grown into a larger Studio, training apprentices in the Traditional Venetian Style Glassblowing of our Glass Maestros in Classic Blown and Hand-Worked collectibles. Soon after opening, The Dockyard Company Ltd; The Bermuda Rumcake Company, started producing locally made Rumcakes and also increased further support of other individual artists in different fields across Bermuda.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Maricopa, Arizona, United States
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“OMG!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I loaded a whole check in bag full of just these rum cakes. They are amazing and they are no joke. The Rum Swizzle is probably my fave. Since they don't cook the rum out they don't allow children to sample. The rum flavor is very rich and tasty. I probably will have to have them shipped when I run out.

Visited June 2013

Madison, Wisconsin
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“So yummy! So many types of rum cake to sample.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

During a NCL cruise to Bermuda over Memorial Day 2013, we visited the Bermuda Rum Cake Company. It is located inside an old machine shop in the Royal Navy Dockyard a short walk from the cruise ship dock. It shares space with the Dockyard glassworks. You can view glassblowing here.

I was amazed at the variety of types of rum cakes that they make using Bermuda's Gosling Black Seal Rum. Favors such as: rum and ginger, black rum fruit cake, rum sizzle, chocolate rum cake, to name a few. I think they try to have at least 6 types of cake available for you to sample.
They have packages of mini cakes, but unfortunately they were sold out on the day we were there.
I bought 2 cakes! When we got back to the Breakaway cruise ship, I cut one of the cakes and had it with vanilla ice cream. It was so good I went back and got 3 more for gifts.

I bought some rum cakes at a shop on the cruise ship dock. I thought they were Bermuda Rum Cakes. They were rum cakes, but were not made of Bermuda's Gosling Black Seal rum. So be careful to read the label carefully! The packages should be a gold box, with Bermuda Rum Cake Company in the center.

Visited May 2013