“Grand Cafe {Google map (32.294479, -64.782019)}”
Review of Grand Cafe - CLOSED

Grand Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean, Lebanese
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The restaurant is located between Parliament Street and Church Street at the corner area (opposite Session House), entrance was not same at upper attached photo. - 39 Church Street, Hamilton HM11 Bermuda

Anyway, the foods are good, delicious, service is well with candle night dinner. Price is much reasonable when you shopped at Bermuda than those harbor front restaurants. Items were separated for petite or grand order; price is between 2 - 6 dollars difference.

Ordered a bowl of grand Bermuda Fish Chowder soup - USD 7, a Tapsilog (Filipino food but forgotten the title of dish) - USD17, a dish of FISH CAKES in petite size (5 pieces) - USD7 and a dish of Grand Grilled Chicken - USD16. It cost within USD53.00 with service charge.

If your interest to there could call (441) 292 2777 or email : grandcafe39@yahoo.com for reservation and detail address or go to website www.grandcafe.co to see the picture and menu there.

1  Thank Winfield T

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a fairly new restaurant having opened within the past year or so replacing another restaurant. The location is great -- right on the corner of a busy downtown street with very few other places to eat. They offer a lunch buffet for $19 which seems reasonable enough. My friend absolutely fell in love with their fish chowder and gushed about it for days. The other lunch dishes were nothing to write home about they were healthy choices. Later that day we needed to have an early dinner there, but found that they didn't open until 6pm which was too late for us. After lunch they also close. Strange. The second time we had lunch there we had to wait 45 min. for our food and got no explanation.

1  Thank DanielCho10
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I just love the decor, and the food is tasty. Excellent service too! I made my own waffle right at my table.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We happened to stop by this restaurant after going to several other restaurants that were fully booked as it was a Friday night. Most people in Bda eat on this night. We were driving by and thought we hadn't tried this restaurant so we would give it a try. When we entered there was only 2 other tables that were being served. The ambiance was really nice with orange painted walls and plants with white lights. We were quickly seated and advised that the kitchen closes at 9pm. It was 8:30pm so we got the menus and started to choose our appetizers and entrees. The waiter was very friendly. He was the only wait staff so he was doing bar trending as well. He knew the menu and was able to explain the menu to us. The best thing about this restaurant is that you can choose 2 sizes - petite or grande. This works great for those who either don't eat a lot or those that are really hungry. For appetizers we had thai satay, hummus and pita bread and fish cakes. These were all very tasty and had great flavors. We were all looking forward to the main meal. The food came out fairly quickly I guess it helps that it wasn't many people. For our entrée our group had the grande fish of the day($27), petite chicken kebab ($14) and petite grilled shrimp and chicken ceasar ($19). The food portions all provided great value for money especially being that things are so expensive in Bermuda. Our total bill came to $100. Another rarity is that the restaurant does not automatically add grats this is common in most restaurants in Bermuda. I was really pleased with the service and left 20%. The owner also came over and told us about the restaurant and operating hours. I mentioned to him how yummy the hummus was and he offered me complimentary hummus to go. A very thoughtful gesture. I will be definitely be back. They also gave us a tour of the restaurant. Upstairs there is a small private dinning room that I think seats 9 and also a large lounge area with its private bar.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We chose this restaurant because I saw on the menu it had "petite" portions and larger portions. My husband & I both got the petite portion, we're not big eaters, and we were both pleased with the meal. I had the Wahoo fish, with basmati rice that was delicious and steamed vegetables. I consider it the most healthy meal we got on our vacation in Bermuda. The only negative thing is that the menu had a price of $18 for my meal, but I was charged $22. The waiter told me there was a price change. I didn't argue or push it, but because of that, we didn't go back there. Please note that even at the $22, it was a reasonable price as compared to other nice restaurants in Bermuda. Food is very expensive there!

1  Thank Dorothy M