“Excellent!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The food was great, the service was wonderful even when they have a full house! We ate outside where we had a view of the harbor. The atmosphere was relaxing and an overall excellent experience! Will go again on our next trip!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I spent two weeks in Bermuda last year, back in late October working on an event. As I was working anywhere between 14-18 hour days I unfortunately didn't get much time to see the island in all its glory. However, one place I did find myself was Flanagans, right in the heart of Hamilton located on Front Street over looking the harbour.

My friend, who actually owns shares in this bar took me there (no surprise) for food and a few beers after a long day on the grind stone and straight away I felt at home, Irish bars have a habit of doing that, for me anyway. The service was excellent, all the staff friendly and courteous and to top it off, they had sports on the big screen.

Over my two weeks I visited this place a few times and from the few places I did manage to visit during my business trip, I have to say it was favourite.

The only reason I give three and not four stars is because it is so expensive, but then again, tht is Bermuda for you. Everything is imported so what do you expect.

Well worth a visit for the beer, staff and sport alone. :)

1  Thank Sebba C
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Found Flanagan's late on a holiday evening when almost every other restaurant in Hamilton was closed. Was immediately greeted at the entrance and offered a great place to sit outside overlooking the main avenue along the waterfront. Our party consisted of four adults and one infant. They were extremely helpful to address our needs. Food was outstanding! Our service was poor, but that was due to our server since we observed others that were much more prompt. I would definitely go there again if the occasion presented itself because we enjoyed eating, while watching a beautiful sunset from their balcony.

1  Thank BostonRedSoxFan2004
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Local yet traditional visitor hang-out upstairs on Front Street. Fun atmosphere with sports bar and televisions. Our waiter was enthusiastic and efficient. We only had wings, salads and samosas wedges with a sweet chili sauce, but all was good. If you are a Bermuda fish chowder foodie, this chowders is puréed yet good. Not a loud place but cheery...fun place for evening hangout. No waiting...average pricing for the island.

Interesting note: This was the only place during our stay that offered free refills, on iced-tea, that is.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

So much Fun, We went twice while We were in Bermuda. First on The Balcony & Second in the Sports Bar. Great place to be.