“Top notch Japanese restaurant!”
Review of Beluga Sushi Bar

Beluga Sushi Bar
Ranked #7 of 116 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

This unassuming restaurant blew our mind. Being in a mall, the location was a little deceiving (for what was rated one of the best Japanese restaurants in Bermuda) on this site. The atmosphere was nice, but very warm. It was a Sunday and the mall was closed which was probably why the centralized air conditioning was switched off.

The friendly Manager greeted us, apologized for the location but was very confident about the quality of the food. We decided to take a chance and ordered the 3 course Omakase (dishes selected by the chef).

1 bottle of sake and 3 courses later, we were elated. Every single course was excellent and did not disappoint. We were offered local fishes for our sashimi selection with special sauces. Every course had a special touch to it and we felt that none of the conventional expectations of a typical Japanese sushi restaurant applied.

The service was excellent and we certainly cannot say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. It was also very good value for money.

We left the restaurant feeling so satisfied that while walking out, my partner said, "God, you can take me now!" :-)

Needless to say, we will be back.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

I came here for dinner with friends who recommended this as one of their favourite places to eat in Hamilton. I really like sushi and sashimi so I was looking forward to it very much and it didn’t disappoint. You get a small complimentary salad with seaweed before your appetizer is brought out. I love seaweed salad, so this definitely meant we were off to a good start. My friends had the Guaca Shrimp, which is tempura shrimp with guacamole, maybe not such a traditional menu item, but it was reportedly one of their favourites. I was very tempted by it, but then I saw they had scallop tempura and I love scallops, so had to have that. It didn’t disappoint, the batter was light and crispy and the scallops were perfectly cooked, not rubbery or overdone at all. I was in heaven and could quite happily sat and just eaten another plate of them as a main.

However when my main course came I was glad I hadn't just decided to wolf down more scallops as it too was delicious. I had one of their daily specials, unfortunately I can’t remember what it was called, but you could choose what the roll was topped with and I chose shrimp. It too was perfectly cooked and the various flavours blended well together too. I’d have definitely eaten here again given the chance, but sadly my stay in Bermuda wasn’t long enough to permit that. When I come back for a return trip, Beluga will definitely be on my list to revisit though as I think I could have chosen anything on the menu and been happy with it.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

The location is good while out shopping by day or just out for the nigth. The sushi is the best and the service is excellent.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

On a late Sunday evening we decided it was sushi, we were staying on board at the RBYC and did not want to go by taxi, so I googled sushi close by , Beluga and all great reviews

We get there,
Walk into a mall??
No way we think, ok let's go have a look, half the party felt like running away, it's in a mall, albeit everything else in the mall is closed,
I said let's have a drink, try something if it is bad we go elsewhere,
Owner comes to tables, what a confidant man, he obviously has seen reactions like ours before, but we were tired, whole day on water, and our mood a were fatigued, the man had a hard time,
he gets our drinks,
then sells us the Japanese pizza idea,
In no time this arrives,
We are wow, no ways we are like wow again... actually I am like wtf by now...
more sushi arrived, caramalised, sashimi, rolls etc, special dips, it was the best I have had, the best the whole table of 6 ever had,
No joke, I have travelled and had some great sushi, same for folks at the table,
I am, was, were, am, uhmmmm this was like wtf just hit us
All I can say is believe the reviews,
These guys are amazing and I hope they get there front street shop and make it big time,
They all have the personality and passion to go places
Super thanks and we will meet again
Rob

1  Thank 4x4Rob
Reviewed June 2, 2017

This tiny sushi restaurant in the heart of the Washington mall has huge personality from the owner straight down to the dishwasher. Master Sushi Chef Sammy who is very confident in his craft that you tell him what you like and he will create something off the cuff and special just for you. His favorite line is "Let's Do This!' and he excepts every order as a new challenge. The friendly staff spoke to almost everyone walking by and they always asked how the customer was doing and if they were enjoying the food. They love their job and it shows in the quality of food they provide.

1  Thank Nakia S