“Outstanding, as always.”

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding, as always.”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I lived in Bermuda last year, and went to Beluga far too often. It is perhaps the best sushi I have ever had.

The service is always great, and Sammy, the head sushi chef, is wonderful. If you're open to trying something new, ask him to make you something special, and you will get a concoction like you've never had before.

Do try the Beluga popcorn shrimp, and ask to add coconut. It's by far the best flavouring I've ever had with tempura/popcorn shrimp. Outstanding.

• Visited December 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Pretty good”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a very nice vibe. The sushi on offer was for the most part very tasty.

I felt that value for money was not their primary concern and felt slightly shortchanged.

The staff were not overly friendly but performed their job adequately.

Overall I would eat here again because of the vibe but would recommend you bring with your credit card before you choose to dine here.

New York City, New York
“No words can describe how amazing this dining experience was”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I went to Beluga last night and it was hands down one of the best meals of my life. It was also the best sushi I've ever had - yes, better than Megu, Nobu, and many top sushi spots I've been to in NYC!
First, the ambiance. Beluga is in the basement of the Washington Mall which is extremely random and not the most romantic / fancy of locations. However, the quality of the food and the impeccable service provided by Sammy more than makes up for it.
We chose to do an omakase - Sammy (the sushi master) picked whatever he wanted to make for us. I'm so glad we did this - every course was so fresh, flavorful, inventive, and left us speechless. We had some Japanese salad, some shrimp and crab based tempura appetizer, a trio of sashimi with a pickled ginger dipping sauce, and 2 special maki rolls. I just have no words to describe how delicious everything was.
There is a decent wine list considering the location - nothing really fancy, but enough to pick something that pairs well with the food.
Sammy gave us an amazing dining experience and we are definitely making Beluga our number 1 go-to restaurant!

• Visited November 2013
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Great sashimi and service”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Beluga Seafood is tucked away in an open area of Washington Mall in Central Hamilton. The restaurant area is smart and modern and has a good vibe, even though it is overlooked by one of the main stairways in the mall. It is not the sort of place for a romantic dinner for two but makes a great lunch venue.
The serving team is excellent - knowledgable, helpful and efficient - and service is almost too fast, though that is not really a complaint at lunchtime.
However, there is one reason above all others to eat at this restaurant and that is the quality of the food. The sashimi is world class (I've eaten regularly in Japan). It is sliced much thinner than is usual but that produces a delicate texture which I found myself really appreciating. As you would expect on Bermuda, the fish is fresh with superb flavour. Edamame soup is also excellent as are the maki rolls. Only the prawn tempura was a little below standard. The wine quality also impresses (particularly a crisp Sancerre with strong hints of banana) but the wine is not measured into the glass and is poor value at what can be little more than 125ml for $12 - better to buy a bottle if possible.
In summary, this is a great lunch venue offering quality ingredients in superbly prepared dishes. Ambience is good for a restaurant in the open area of a busy mall. We're already planning our second visit.

Visited November 2013
“Best sushi I have had”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is the best sushi I have ever had....and in a mall no less!
I have eaten sushi in japan, Hawaii, south America, south Africa...and this trumps all!
The flavors were awesome! I have never seen the presentation before, the rolls were cut half the thickness that I have ever seen before, which makes them easier to eat for those of you with smaller mouths

Visited November 2013